Click a question to view and close the answer
General Travel Information
My holiday provider has gone bust what should I do?

Follow the advice provided on the Foreign & Commonwealth Office. For information about the claims process visit www.atol.org.uk

The Travel Agent/Tour Operator/Airline Company that I booked with has gone into Administration. What should I do?

Check individual providers for cover details.
If you want to claim a refund for your holiday or if you're currently overseas and need help, please contact the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) on 0844 571 7260, if calling from the UK, or 0044 161 444 5810 from abroad.

What do I do if my passport is lost or stolen abroad?

Report loss or theft of passports to the local police in the country you are in as soon as possible. Obtain a Crime Reference Number from the police. You will need this when you have to complete a LS01 (Lost or Stolen Passport Notification Form). Report the loss or theft to the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) Embassy, Consulate or High Commission of the country you are in. You can get details of the local FCO wherever you are by simply calling +44 (0)20 7008 1500 (0870 606 0290) within the UK) or by visiting the FCO website The FCO will issue you with replacement travel documents so you can travel back to the UK.

I have a European Health Insurance Card. Do I still need travel insurance?

Yes you do, the EHIC card will ensure you are entitled to the same level of treatment as a citizen of that country; it does not cover cancellation or curtailment and will not cover private medical costs if you are taken to a private hospital. It will also not provide repatriation cover if you need to return to the UK.

I can't find a suitable policy, can you advise me?

We are unable to advise you, however, be sure to read the different policy summaries and wordings we offer as they cover a very wide range of circumstances. Compare our providers here

I haven't booked my trip yet, can I buy my insurance?

We would encourage you to buy your insurance as soon as you have booked your trip. This makes sure you are covered for maximum cancellation and curtailment.

General Policy Information
When will I receive my documents?

Your email should be with you within the hour. If you have requested documents by post you can expect them within 5 working days.

What documents do I need to take on holiday with me?

We recommend that you take your insurance documents with you on your travels, so that in the event that you need to contact us, you'll have all the details at your fingertips. This includes your insurance certificate and the relevant policy wording booklet. If you purchase online, you will be sent these via email and can also download and print them from our website. It is important that you travel with the minimum of your Policy Number, the Emergency Medical Assistance and Claims Line telephone numbers.

How many times can I travel on an Annual Policy?

Under an annual policy you can travel as many times as you like as long as each trip is within the maximum trip duration.

What is the maximum trip length you offer on an Annual policy?

Trip lengths vary with each provider. Please read the individual policy summaries for details.

Can we all travel independently on an Annual policy?

Yes, everyone covered can travel independently. Children under 18 must be met by a responsible adult over the age of 21.

Do you cover one-way trips?

No, cover will be provided for return trips only. All trips must begin and end in the UK.

I want an annual policy but one of my trips will be more than 45 days, what can I do?

To ensure that you are fully covered, if you have a trip that exceeds any maximum trip length, you will need to purchase a single trip policy.

I have a connecting flight within the UK, am I covered?

Yes. E.g. If you are travelling from Glasgow to Stansted and connecting to Tenerife, you will be covered to and from your point of origin in Glasgow, as all regions include the UK. Please read each providers policy wording for details of missed connection cover.

Should I buy a Single or Annual trip?

If you travel 2 or more times a year, an annual policy could work out cheaper for you.

When does an Annual policy start?

Annual policies cover you for 12 months from your chosen start date. Annual policies cannot be purchased more than 31 days in advance of your purchase date. Cancellation cover for PEMC's starts 3 months prior to your journey. Cancellation cover for new medical conditions (those unrelated to any existing conditions), applies from the start date. Any claims made before your chosen start date will not be covered.

When does a Single Trip policy start?

Single Trip policies only cover the dates you have specified, however cancellation cover starts from the date the policy was purchased. This is why it is important to buy your travel insurance as early as possible or as soon as you have your trip booked. You cannot book a single trip policy more than 12 months in advance.

What happens when my annual trip expires?

You will receive an email in advance letting you know that your Annual policy is due to run out. You can renew your annual policy through your account or by visiting www.allclearoptions.co.uk and going through the quote process.

What hazardous activities do you cover?

Please refer to each provider's policy wording for a list of all activities that are both included and excluded from cover.

Am I covered for Scuba Diving?

Please see individual provider's policy details.

I will be taking part in an activity that the terms and conditions say there is no Personal Accident or Liability cover, what does that mean?

This activity will not be covered for any of the benefits stated within the Personal Accident or Personal Liability section.

What Winter Sports do you cover?

Please read individual providers policy details

What is the age limit for Winter Sports cover?

Please check individual policy wordings for more details.

Do you cover mountain rescue?

Please view individual provider's policy details.

Am I covered as a ski instructor or if I am going to a ski instructor school?

Skiing and ski training can only be covered on a non-professional basis.

What is the age limit for a single-trip policy?

AllClear and many of our other providers have no upper age limits. Please refer to individual policy details.

Can children under 18 be covered on their own policy?

If you haven't received your policy documentation please email us at edocs@allclearinsurance.com and Not online, however you can call AllClear on 0845 250 5250 for an individual policy. Travellers under the age of 18 will need permission to fly alone from the airlines and to be met by someone over the age of 21 at their destination.

Do I have to be a UK resident to purchase a policy?

Someone who has lived in the UK for at least 6 of the last 12 months.

Can you insure non UK residents?

You must have lived in the UK for at least 6 of the last 12 months. Some insurers may require you to be registered with a practising UK GP. If you do not fit this criteria, AllClear may be able to provide you with quote options by calling 0845 250 5250.

I have left the UK and forgotten to buy insurance. Can I buy it now?

No. Unfortunately we cannot offer you cover if you have already left the UK.

Destinations and Regions
Do you insure trips within the UK?

Some of our insurers may require a minimum number of pre-booked nights and/or accommodation. Please check the policy wording prior to purchase.

How do you define the UK?

England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.

What regions/countries does your travel insurance cover?

Please check other individual providers for their region definitions.

Are there countries you won't cover?

We are unable to offer cover to destinations that the FCO advise against travelling to. You can find more information at www.fco.gov.uk or by phoning 0845 850 2829.

Where is Lapland?

Lapland stretches across Finland and Sweden and is covered under European policies.

What if I am travelling to more than one country?

Select the main country you will be travelling to. Your secondary countries need to be covered by the geographical area that relates to your main country. The countries included will be shown in your summary of cover prior to purchase. Insurers may not provide cover for any country that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office have advised against travelling to.

I have a European Annual Multi Trip Policy but will now be travelling outside of Europe. Can I upgrade my policy?

You can also purchase a single trip policy from any provider to cover any trips that fall outside of your annual cover. Call your chosen provider to discuss your options.

I am travelling to Cuba; will I need to purchase additional medical cover when I arrive?

All Options policies cover medical costs in Cuba providing you have declared all your pre-existing conditions with the exception of Trust2Travel. If you have selected Cuba as your destination, only policies relevant to your circumstances will appear on your quote panel.

Buying an Options policy
Are my details secure if I purchase online?

Yes. All details are encrypted for maximum security. Card details are NOT stored on our system. We only hold details in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

How can I pay for my insurance?

We accept all major credit /debit cards. You can also pay via PayPal.

Having trouble paying online?

Double check all personal and payment details.
Check you have selected the correct card type
Check your payment card number
Make sure there are no spaces in your card number
Check your start and expiry dates
Make sure the security code is correct - the last 3 digits on the back of your card
If you have used a Switch, Maestro or Solo card, make sure you have entered an issue number
If you are still having problems, contact our Customer Care team on 0845 250 5201

Do I have cancellation cover?

Yes, unless you have specified to remove it. Cover may vary. Please see individual provider's policy wording for details.

Can I get my money back if I want to cancel?

Yes. If you are not completely satisfied with the cover provided you may return your policy to us within 14 days of receipt of your policy documents, provided that you have not travelled and are not making a claim.

How will I receive my policy documents after purchase?

We will immediately email your full policy documentation to you and, if you have provided a mobile number, send you an automatic text with your policy details.

Can I have my documents posted?

Yes, we are happy to do this for you. There is a small fee of 2.50.

What is an Excess?

This is the amount that you are required to pay if you make a claim. E.g. if you claim 100 under a section with an excess of 60, you will be required to pay that first 60 and as a result will only be claiming for the remaining 40.

Can I change my excess?

Policy excesses are fixed to try and keep them fair and competitive. See individual provider's policy details.

Can I view the Terms and conditions?

You can view terms and conditions for any of our providers policies here

Are there any exclusions?

Exclusions apply to each policy. Read the individual policy exclusions here

Are my golf clubs covered?

Golf clubs are covered up to the 'valuables limit' detailed on your policy. Additional cover can be purchase for your golf equipment, green fees and hire of golf equipment in the event that yours is lost, delayed or damaged. Find more information in the provider policy summaries.

Am I covered for foreseen events e.g. planned strikes, volcanic ash or weather?

If an event was unforeseen, please see travel disruption clauses in the individual provider's policy details to see whether you would be covered.

How have my premiums been calculated?

Premiums are worked out using calculations based on age, medical conditions and their severity, destination and duration of your trip.

How long are my quotes valid for?

Quotes are valid for 7 days from today

Can I save my quotes and purchase later?

Yes. Use our Save Quote option to save all of your details entered and receive an email confirming the quotes.

I have made a mistake how can I change the information I entered?

Use the Edit quote option to amend any details. It will take you back through the process enabling you to amend any previously entered information.

I can't find the email with my policy information, what do I do?

Please allow at least an hour for your email to arrive and remember to check your spam folder. All your policy details can be found in the account that was set up for you upon purchase. You can request another email in your account. You can also use our live chat or email us at edocs@allclearinsurance.com (pre filled form) to request that we re-send your information.

Medical cover and health conditions
What is a Pre-existing Medical Condition (PEMC)?

Any disease, illness or injury for which you have received medication, advice or treatment or you have experienced symptoms whether the condition has been diagnosed or not. You must inform us of all Pre-existing medical conditions you have PRIOR to purchase.

Do I really need medical travel insurance for pre-existing conditions?

Medical costs abroad can reach hundreds of thousands of pounds. If you did require assistance due to a pre-existing or other medical condition and you did not have comprehensive travel insurance or did not declare your conditions, any costs incurred are the liability of the individual involved and would need to paid somehow.

Can you cover my medical conditions?

It is very likely. When you go through our screening process, you must declare all pre-existing conditions and then we will show you the quotes available to you.

Do I need to complete the medical screening?

Yes. All pre-existing conditions must be declared and screened to ensure you are fully covered.

What if I can't answer all of the medical screening questions?

All questions must be answered correctly to ensure you are fully covered. Please refer to your medical practitioner if you are unsure.

Can I take an annual policy for pre-existing medical conditions?

Yes you can. Due to each provider having varying terms, we will only show you those provider's that have valid products for your conditions, age and trip duration.

Will I need to know the names of medication I'm on?

We will not need to know the names of your medication.

Do I need to declare preventative medicine?

Hypertension: You must declare and screen this condition whether or not you take medication. In all cases, the screening questions will determine and take preventative medicine into account.
Cholesterol: If you have had absolutely no cardiovascular issues whatsoever (including NO history of raised Blood pressure) and can confirm that you have merely been advised to take a statin as preventative due to age/weight - then you do not need to declare and screen it as a separate condition.
If you screen unrelated issues, answering No to the Question "Has a blood test ever shown your cholesterol to be raised", will take the preventative medicine into account and will not affect your premium.

Do you cover terminal conditions?

In certain circumstances, yes. If you have ticked the terminal prognosis box you will be referred to our call centre where we will determine if there is appropriate cover for you.

Will my premiums increase due to my medical conditions?

Premiums will vary depending on your medical conditions.

Do you cover pregnancy?

Yes. Pregnancy is accepted as long as you are less than 36 weeks and 6 days pregnant (32 weeks and 6 days for a multiple pregnancy) on the return date of your holiday.

Do the policies include 24 hour Medical Emergency Support?

All of our providers offer this facility. Full details can be found in the individual policy wordings, which will be sent out to you when you purchase.

What do I do if I am diagnosed with a new medical condition before I travel?

Please contact our UK call centre on 0845 250 5201 and we will be happy to amend your medical details for you. New medical conditions may require a top-up payment to keep you fully covered.

Who do I contact in the event of a medical emergency?

Contact the 24 hour Medical Emergency Helpline as soon as possible after receiving medical advice or treatment. For more details view the policy information for each provider. If you are travelling in Australia please visit www.medicareaustralia.gov.au PRIOR to travelling for information on how to receive reduced medical fees and more advice.

Is Dental care covered?

Please check individual provider's policies for figures.

Am I covered for Swine Flu?

Yes, if you have declared it as a previously diagnosed and treated condition and if you contract it whilst away. As with any medical emergency, call the 24 hr Emergency Helpline.

What is the definition of Personal Accident?

Please check individual policy details.

If I am on a waiting list, can I get cover?

Please check individual provider's policy details.

What is the Medical Inconvenience Benefit?

This pays a fixed amount for each 24 hour period spent as an inpatient overseas. It is designed to help compensate you for expenses that might arise whilst in hospital e.g. phone calls, taxi fares for companions etc. Please see individual policy wordings for each provider's amount.

I have a drug or alcohol related condition, do I need to declare it?

Yes, any relating condition must be screened.

Changing or amending existing policies
Can I change or amend the name of a traveller on my policy?

We cannot replace an existing traveller with another person. We can amend the name of a traveller when provided with proof (marriage or deed poll certificate) so long as the new name is reflected on their passport. You can do this through your account online. If you have further problems, contact our customer care team on 0845 250 5201 for assistance.

Can I extend my cover whilst I am away?

Yes, provided there has been no change to your health. Policies can only be extended once, up to the maximum trip duration. Policy extension will require extra premium payment. You can do this through your account online. If you have further problems, contact our customer care team on 0845 250 5201 for assistance.

How do I amend my address and contact details?

You can amend all personal details by logging in to your account. If you come across something you cannot amend, contact our customer care team on 0845 250 5201.

Making a Claim
How do I make a claim?

Please look in your policy documents for details on how to make a claim.

What if I don't have receipts for my personal items?

We recommend that you keep all receipts and provide them as proof of ownership in the event of a claim. If receipts are not available, claims will still be considered provided there is some form of proof of purchase or ownership. If you would like more information contact the claims team relevant to your policy.

About us
Our mission is to help anyone with pre-existing medical conditions to get the insurance they want and need.
We're passionate about offering value to customers of any age, with any condition. Our heritage in travel insurance means that we help customers travel anywhere in the world.
AllClearTravel.co.uk is rated 5 out of 5 stars by trustpilot.co.uk based on 1428 ratings
Contact information
Head office
AllClear Insurance Services Limited, AllClear House
1 Redwing Court, Romford, Essex
Opening hours
Monday - Friday 9am to 7pm
Saturday 9am to 5pm
Sunday 10am to 5pm
Twitter Facebook G+
AllClear Insurance Services Limited, registered in England No. 4255112. Registered Office: AllClear House 1 Redwing Court, Ashton Road, Romford, RM3 8QQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority firm reference number 311244.
2016 AllClear Insurance Services Limited. - All rights reserved.