Why do you need Travel Insurance for Germany?
Travel Insurance for Germany will cover you for medical emergencies and cancellation costs. Your personal belongings will also be covered in case you lose them while abroad.
For additional peace of mind, AllClear branded policies include Superior rated Covid-19 for FREE.
Comprehensive cover when travelling to Germany
ManyTravellers venture to Germany every year. 39.56 million people travelled to Germany pre-pandemic in 2019. So, what attracts so many people?
Germany has a versatile landscape consisting of coastlines and mountainous regions. Mostly, it’s known for its dense forests. Its most famous being the Black Forest, which stretches for 6,009 km². It is thought to be the inspiration for many Brother Grimm fairy tales.
It’s an ideal location for those who love nature or the hustle and bustle of modern cities.
If you’re thinking of travelling to Germany, here’s what you can expect should you trust your Travel Insurance to AllClear:
- Access to up-to-date travel insights from around the world
- A clear understanding of what’s included within your chosen policy
- Answers to your frequently asked Travel Insurance questions
As the UK’s No.1 for Travel Insurance2, you could benefit from the following:
- Coronavirus cover that has been rated Superior by a leading independent UK consumer champion
- Consideration of all pre-existing medical conditions
- Flexible cancellation cover with no upper age limit
Superior Covid-19 Travel Insurance for Germany
Is Covid cover essential? When buying Travel Insurance, it’s essential to buy a policy that includes Covid cover. This will make sure you’re protected if you contract Covid while away or you have to cancel your trip to self isolate.
In a post-pandemic travel era, it’s no surprise that 40%3 of over 50s we surveyed view Travel Insurance as more important than before the pandemic.
CEO of AllClear Travel, Chris Rolland, said: “The safety of our customers is of the utmost importance to us. This is why we created high-quality Covid cover that offers reassurance and peace of mind to all travellers, regardless of their age or medical conditions.
After all, we believe that travel insurance isn’t just another document. It can be a vital lifeline should the worst occur far from home. Make sure you buy a policy that’s tailored to suit you, your medical needs and holiday activities.”
If you have an upcoming trip, we recommend that, as part of your preparation, you:
- Make yourself aware of Germany’s entry requirements leading up to your trip by visiting the FCDO website
- Be prepared for entry requirements for returning to the UK by checking out the ‘Go / No Go’ Travel System’.
- Buy quality Travel Insurance that includes enhanced COVID-19 cover.
What Should Travel Insurance for Germany Cover?
You need the right Travel Insurance to suit you and your trip. Policy Essentials should include:
Medical expenses cover – Your policy should cover unexpected medical expenses, including all pre-existing medical conditions. A good policy will include repatriation to the UK!
Travel delay and transport disruption – If you have booked your transport in advance, should you experience unexpected delays, then a travel insurance policy might cover you for any losses or cancellations.
Cancellation cover – If a pre-existing medical condition means that you have to cancel your holiday, your policy will be able to cover any financial losses for cancellation or curtailment.
Personal property cover – A policy should include cover for any loss or theft of your personal property or luggage.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Join the UK’s most trusted Travel Insurance provider1
If you’re looking for premium Medical Travel Insurance that you can trust, it’s time you travelled with AllClear. We’ve helped over 3 Million travellers since 2000. 99%4 of customers would recommend us to family and friends.
Here’s what our customers have to say about their AllClear experience:
“We have been insured with All Clear for several years. Travel insurance is something we don’t often think about when we go on holiday, but it is essential as we found out. We have had to claim on this insurance after two separate serious leg injuries in Austria and Germany. AllClear was very professional and helped us through this difficult time. They were in touch with the hospital directly, organising treatment, discharge and flights home, plus a taxi to the door. They arranged everything perfectly and kept me informed all the time…” – Mr Greene.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Frequently asked questions
What is the hottest time to go to Germany?
What does the GHIC cover in Germany?
GHIC, Travellers going to Germany can use the GHIC scheme to help cover the costs of emergency medical treatment.
However, repatriation is not covered by the scheme, even if related to a medical emergency. A GHIC also doesn’t cover cancellation or cutting short your trip.
You should not rely solely on GHIC. You should buy Travel Insurance that covers all aspects of your trip.
What is Germany famous for?
Is Germany friendly to tourists?
Germany is friendly and welcoming to all tourists. The country has re-opened its borders to vaccinated travellers. Those who are not vaccinated will have to prove they meet the exemption requirements before entering.
Written by Lydia Crispin, MA Content Creator at AllClear
Edited by Letitia Smith, M.Sc. Content Manager at AllClear
2 Ranked first Overall for Travel Insurance on SmartMoneyPeople.com from over 14,300 independent customer reviews on 27/01/2021.
3 Research-based those that took part in AllClear’s Summer Survey, July 2021. 1440 respondents.
4 Based on 166 AllClear customers surveyed in April 2021.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.