Why do you need Travel Insurance for Iceland?
Travel Insurance for Iceland will protect you and your holiday. It’ll offer cover against costs relating to medical emergencies or cancellations. A good policy will also cover you for the loss or damage to any personal belongings.
AllClear offers reliable and flexible Travel Insurance options to suit your travel needs. Superior rated Covid-19 cover is included for FREE with all AllClear branded policies.
Comprehensive cover when travelling to Iceland
With Travel insurance for Iceland, you can relax, knowing that the cover for your trip is taken care of.
As part of the AllClear experience, you can expect:
- Access to the latest travel insights and travel guides
- An understanding of your chosen policy and what’s included
- Quickly and easy answers to your frequently asked Travel Insurance questions
As the UK’s No.1 for Travel Insurance2, AllClear offer you the following:
- Coronavirus cover that has been rated Superior by a leading independent UK consumer champion
- Consideration of all pre-existing medical conditions, with 1300 conditions covered since 2000
- Flexible options with no upper age limit
Superior Covid-19 Travel Insurance for Iceland
78%3 of all respondents feel more confident to travel in the next 12 months due to the vaccine.
In a post-pandemic travel era, Covid cover is essential. So why settle for anything less than Superior cover? After all, you’ll have peace of mind with the right level of cover.
CEO of AllClear Travel, Chris Rolland, said: “The vaccine has made travel possible once again. Travellers feel safer and ready to resume their adventures. However, we can’t ignore that things have changed. Travel has evolved due to Covid-19.
The importance of travel insurance cannot be overlooked. With over 20 years of industry experience, we’re confident our Covid cover can give all travellers reassurance. Providing peace of mind for every trip, regardless of age or medical conditions.”
What Should Travel Insurance for Iceland Cover?
Look for a high-quality policy that will offer you:
- Emergency medical expenses – Not all policies on the market will cover all pre-existing medical conditions. Make sure you find Travel Insurance that covers your conditions.
- Repatriation – Covers you if you need to be medically transported back to the UK.
- Cancellation and curtailment – Covers you for the cancellation of your holiday or if you have to come home or cut short your trip.
- Personal Property – A good policy will cover your personal belongings if they are damaged, stolen or lost on holiday.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Join the UK’s most trusted Travel Insurance provider1
AllClear has provided travellers with peace of mind since 2000. 97%4 of our customers rate us as ‘Excellent’ or ‘Great’.
Find out about the AllClear experience from our very own customers:
“Very easy to arrange and good medical explanation on how to answer declarations despite my age. Great company and price thanks” – Robert
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Frequently asked questions
When is the best time to go to Iceland?
Depending on what you wish to experience while in Iceland will depend on what time of year you choose to go. For example, if you’re hoping to see the northern lights – its best to travel to Iceland from September to March. During this time of year there is up to 19 hours of darkness.
What does the GHIC cover in Iceland?
GHIC cannot be used in Iceland. Nor can it be used in Norway, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland.
Therefore, Travel insurance is essential when visiting these destinations. Without travel insurance, you could face extensive medical bills if you have a medical emergency while on holiday.
Is Iceland a good place for a holiday?
Iceland is a destination that tops many travellers’ wish lists for good reason. You could see the Northern lights (depending on what time of year you go), go whale watching or visit their world-famous hot springs. Iceland is an excellent place for a holiday as it offers so many once in a lifetime experiences.
Written by Lydia Crispin, MA Content Creator at AllClear
Edited by Letitia Smith, M.Sc. Content Manager at AllClear
2 Ranked first Overall for Travel Insurance on SmartMoneyPeople.com from over 14,300 independent customer reviews on 27/01/2021.
3 Research-based those that took part in AllClear’s Summer Survey, July 2021. 1440 respondents.
4 Based on Trustpilot reviews received during April 2021.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.