Why do you need Travel Insurance for Sweden?
Travel Insurance for Sweden will cover you for medical emergencies, cancellation costs as well as loss or damage to any personal belongings. It’ll offer you peace of mind, knowing you’re protected should the worse happen while you’re away.
With all AllClear branded policies, Superior rated Covid-19 cover is included for FREE. Our policies offer you reliable and flexible options to suit your travel needs.
Comprehensive cover when travelling to Sweden
Sweden has a growing tourism industry and has welcomed an increasing number of UK holidaymakers over the past few decades. From the beautiful and plentiful coastal islands to the numerous inland lakes.
We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to travel safely, at any age and with any medical condition. As part of the AllClear experience, you can expect:
- To find easily accessible information regarding the latest travel insights
- Provided with a clear understanding of what’s included within your chosen policy
- Have your frequently asked Travel Insurance questions answered
When you choose AllClear, you choose the UK’s No.1 for Travel Insurance2, and can benefit from the following:
- Coronavirus cover that has been rated Superior by a leading independent UK consumer champion
- Consideration of all pre-existing medical conditions
- Flexible cancellation cover with no upper age limit
Superior Covid-19 Travel Insurance for Sweden
Do you need a policy that includes Covid cover when travelling to Sweden? In short – yes! When buying travel insurance post-pandemic, covid cover is essential. 40%3 of over 50s we surveyed view Travel Insurance as more important than before the pandemic.
CEO of AllClear Travel, Chris Rolland, said: “After having our travel opportunities limited for so long due to various lockdowns, we’re pleased that travel is once again possible. However, it’s important to us that holidaymakers can enjoy their well-deserved breaks safely.
Our Covid cover has been developed to support travellers as they venture to various destinations around the world. Created from over 20 years of industry experience, we’re confident our Covid cover can give you the reassurance you need.”
What Should Travel Insurance for Sweden Cover?
Look for a high-quality policy that will offer you:
Emergency medical expenses – Look for a policy that will offer you comprehensive cover for all of your pre-existing medical conditions as well as any unforeseen circumstances that might occur.
Cancellation and curtailment – A policy can cover you for the cancellation of your holiday as well as curtailment, should you have to come home early or are delayed and miss transport.
Personal Property – Should you lose any personal belongings or be damaged or stolen, then a good policy will offer you protection and emergency assistance.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Join the UK’s most trusted Travel Insurance provider1
We’ve been industry leaders for 20+ years, providing travellers with premium medical travel insurance since 2000. 97%4 of our customers rate us as ‘Excellent’ or ‘Great’.
Wondering what aspects our customers value most about their AllClear experience? Read their reviews:
“Dealt with Martin at All clear Travel Insurance. He was very helpful and dealt with us in an extremely efficient manner. The experience was prompt and straightforward.” – Royston.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Frequently asked questions
What is the hottest time to go to Sweden?
Although incredibly beautiful, Sweden is not known as a hot country. On average, temperatures reach a high of 18C in July, which is their hottest month. It can be freezing in Sweden during the winter, with lows reaching -3°C in January.
What does the GHIC cover in Sweden?
Unlike Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland, the GHIC can be used in Sweden to access emergency medical treatment. However, the GHIC system doesn’t cover all types of care, such as repatriation, so you will still need travel insurance for your trip.
Is Sweden a good place for a holiday?
Sweden has plenty of places to explore and lots to offer. Known as the land of the Midnight Sun, Sweden is famed for its museums, canals, bridges and island cities – Stockholm itself is made up of 14 islands, making it an excellent destination for a holiday full of adventure.
Written by Lydia Crispin, MA Content Creator at AllClear
Edited by Letitia Smith, M.Sc. Content Manager at AllClear
2 Ranked first Overall for Travel Insurance on SmartMoneyPeople.com from over 14,300 independent customer reviews on 27/01/2021.
3 Research-based those that took part in AllClear’s Summer Survey, July 2021. 1440 respondents.
4 Based on Trustpilot reviews received during April 2021.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.