0800 848 8608
Freephone Our UK Call Centre 7 Days a Week
0800 848 8608
Be covered in minutes
Did you find this article useful?


How can we improve this article?

[contact-form-7 id="19018" title="help centre feedback form"]
Thanks for your feedback!

FAQs about cover for travel within the UK

Including the UK as a holiday destination

If the holiday destination is within the UK or you’re going on a  UK cruise, then you do need to enter the UK as your destination.

We can provide cover for UK trips. Some of our insurers may require a minimum number of pre-booked nights and/or accommodation. By running through a quote, you’ll be shown a list of providers who can cover the destinations required.

You do not need to enter the UK as the country you return to.

Do we cover connecting flights within the UK?

Yes, most providers will offer cover for the duration of the booked trip including the period of travel from home directly to the departure point. Please check the individual policy wording of your chosen provider for more information

How we define the UK

The UK is...

England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.

Is Jersey classed as the UK?

If you’re a UK resident travelling to ‘Jersey’ and planning on purchasing an annual multi-trip policy you will need to select ‘Europe’ as the region you are travelling to.

If you’re a UK resident travelling to ‘Jersey’ and planning on purchasing a single trip policy you simply need to enter ‘Jersey’ as the country you are travelling to and the region will automatically be selected for you.

If you’re a resident of the Channel Islands travelling to ‘Jersey’ you will need to select ‘United Kingdom’ as the place you are travelling to.

Is Scilly Isles classed as the UK?

Yes, if you’re travelling to the Isles of Scilly you should select UK as the destination.

Cover for one way trips

Currently all our trips must begin and end in the UK or Republic of Ireland.