Understanding the medical warranty and pre-existing conditions
This help article will define our medical warranty, and what counts as a pre-existing medical condition.
If you are still unsure what you need to enter for your medical information, read What you need to declare.
What the medical warranty does
A medical warranty is simply a condition of a policy which you must comply with so that the underwriter can decide whether or not to accept the risk and, if so, on what terms.
So in the case of our travel insurance medical warranty, this is a statement which you agree to comply with regarding your medical health.
The medical warranty represents an essential part of the insurance contract. If you make a claim but did not answer this warranty truthfully for all people to be insured, then your cover may be invalidated and consequently, any claim would be rejected.
If at any point during the quote process you are not sure what medical conditions you need to declare, you should refer back to the medical warranty.
If you are stuck getting past the medical warranty, during the quote process, read this help article.
The full medical warranty is listed below for you.
- Ever received treatment for any respiratory conditions (relating to lungs or breathing), heart conditions, any neurological conditions (including stroke and epilepsy), cancer, blood circulatory conditions, any diabetic conditions, any renal, liver or kidney conditions, any psychiatric or psychological conditions (including anxiety, stress and depression)
- Any medical condition for which you have received surgery, in or out-patient treatment, tests or investigations in a hospital, clinic or GP surgery within the last 24 months
- Any medical condition for which you have been prescribed medication in the last 5 years. any medical condition for which you have been prescribed medication in the last 5 years
We are unable to offer cover if you are undergoing tests or treatment for as yet undiagnosed conditions.
Any disease, illness or injury for which you, or anyone else who will be taking our insurance on this policy, have:
- Taken any prescribed medication or required medical treatment.
- Consulted a medical practitioner and/or been registered as an in or out patient.
- You must inform us of all pre-existing medical conditions you have before buying your policy.