Your policy documents
This help article will let you know how to get your policy documents and when you might need them.
You can also find out what to do if your policy documents haven’t arrived.
How your policy documents arrive
Once you have bought a policy you will have been emailed your policy documents. These should arrive within a few minutes after you buy your policy. If you’ve provided a mobile number we can send you an automatic text with your policy details too.
This policy documentation contains all the contact details for the claims company and the medical emergency assistance company. The medical emergency assistance company will help you while you are on holiday if you have a medical emergency, the claims company will help you if you need to make a claim before you travel (i.e. for cancellation) or once you return (i.e. for baggage claims).
You’ll also find all up to date contact details in your policy booklet under the section ‘Making a claim’. You can view your policy booklet online
Please contact us via Live Chat and we can advise you how to view PDFs or post your documents out to you. If we post them, you can expect to receive them within 5 working days.
A hard copy of your policy documents
If you buy your policy online but would like your documents posted we are happy to do this for you and you can request this when you buy the policy. The charge for providing hard copy policy documents is £2.50. Your documents should arrive in a couple of days, but please allow five working days.
If you buy your policy through our Contact Centre the policy documents will automatically be posted free of charge.
If you have provided a mobile number we can send you an automatic text with your policy details
What documents you need to take with you on holiday
We would suggest you take copies of your policy documents with you, as well as details of your provider’s emergency assistance team. They should be your first port of call in the event of an accident or medical emergency and they will advise on the best treatment options for you. Also, make sure you have the claims line telephone number in the event you need to make a claim.
If you buy online, you’ll be sent these via email and can also download and print them from our website. You may also be able to download these to your smartphone or tablet. Please check manufacturer’s instructions before you travel.
Printing your policy documents
Follow these steps to print out your policy documents:
1. From our Home Page, select ‘Login’ on the right-hand side, and enter your login details to access your account.
2. Select the button ‘My policies’, which is displayed under ‘Your policies’; the second sub-heading on your screen.
3. Select the policy you wish to view, using your policy number as a reference.
4. You will then be presented with a link to a PDF version of your policy documents, please select it.
5. Hover your mouse over the right-hand side of the PDF document and an icon for a printer will appear, selecting it will provide you with printing options.
Your policy documents haven’t arrived by email or post
Please allow at least an hour for your email to arrive. Sometimes due to the high level of antivirus software and spam filters, there may be occasions when this email is prevented from reaching you.
If you cant find your policy document email, we suggest you do the following:
- Check your Junk Mail to see if they are being held in this folder. If they are in your Junk Mail you will need to add us to your safe sender list to avoid this happening again.
- All your policy documents can be found in the account that was set up for you when you purchased your policy, simply go to our customer login and enter your details to access your account.
Contact us on Live Chat or email info@allcleartravel and we will resend the documents.
Please allow 5 days for your policy documents to arrive by post. If after 5 days you still haven’t received anything please talk to us on Live Chat.
Why your policy documents are password protected
As of 25th May 2018, new Data Protection laws require all documents containing personal or sensitive information to be password encrypted.
For this reason, all your policy documents sent to you will be password protected.
We understand this causes an extra step for you receiving your documents, but we hope you understand the benefits of keeping your information secure.
Having any trouble entering your password?
You will need to enter your postcode and the last 3 numbers of your telephone number. And importantly, in this format:
- With the postcode in capital letters
- With no gaps between any of the letters or numbers
Here is an example:
Telephone number: 0800 848 8608