Alzheimer’s travel insurance
We understand that taking a break on holiday is something most people with alzheimer’s still love to do. We want to ensure that you or your loved one travelling with alzheimer’s keep the freedom to travel – with specialist medical travel insurance. This includes single or annual multi-trip policies for ANY age, and so much more. Read on to find out about alzheimer’s travel insurance tailored to you.
The main benefits of cover
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All conditions. All ages.
We’re proud to be rated 5 stars on Trustpilot
“I found the agent to be friendly and warm but this did not compromise his efficiency. I hope everything is as good as described. My husband having Alzheimer’s Disease is a challenge and finding that our current travel insurance company will not cover him as he is now on a drug trial was extremely upsetting; so much for living well with dementia. We can now get on with our lives thanks to AllClear.” – Mrs Moira Mcloughlin, Trustpilot
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Get extensive cover in a minutes
Extensive alzheimer’s travel insurance is only minutes away in our easy 3 step quote process.
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
FAQ’s for alzheimer’s cover
Do you need to declare Alzheimer’s if it isn’t serious?
While the symptoms of alzheimer’s will vary, and may not be of concern to you for a holiday, it’s very important that you declare alzheimer’s on your travel insurance.
This will ensure that ALL medical conditions can be covered during a claim, including anything unexpected.
Are you covered for cancellation if it’s your travelling partner who has alzheimer’s?
If you have a separate insurance provider, the person with alzheimer’s will need to add on Travelling Companion cover with us, in order for you to be covered against cancellation or curtailment caused by the alzheimer’s – or any pre-existing condition – of that person.
This cover is not regularly available elsewhere, and we’re proud to offer it.
Travel insurance with Alzheimer’s: A Single trip or annual multi-trip policy?
If you have several holidays planned, which vary in length and destination, then an annual multi-trip policy may be your best for saving time and money.
Either way, you can compare multiple policies to find the perfect cover for your trip.
Tips for travelling with alzheimer’s
Planning your trip
- Planning appropriately for your holiday will help your worries about travelling with alzheimer’s. It may be a good idea to visit your GP before you travel. He or she can provide you with necessary advice on methods to ease anxiety while travelling. It may also be worthwhile to talk to your GP about medication. You should be sure you get enough to last the duration of the trip, plus extra in case of unexpected delays.
Choosing your travel destination
- If you are travelling with someone who has alzheimers, consider the amount of new stimulation they are able to take in with their condition. Travelling with alzheimer’s means going to new places that may cause confusion that heightens symptoms. If possible, try to plan trips to places that bare some resemblance to what you or your travel partner with dementia are with familiar with.
Arranging flights and travel documents
- To avoid unnecessary stress when flying, inform your airline of you or your partner’s condition when booking. Most airlines will not require medical clearance for alzheimer’s patients with stable conditions. However, it is advisable to check with your selected airline to avoid unexpected disappointment.
† 3 months FREE and 20% discount offer applies to AllClear Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum annual policies only. Discount only applies to the base premium and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions. Offer expires on 14 July 2020 at 23:59.