Anxiety travel insurance
Around 5% of the UK population are estimated to live with anxiety. If you’re one of those people you may find that some travel insurance policies will not provide you with comprehensive cover. At AllClear, we offer specialist travel insurance that covers anxiety. In fact, we’ve offered cover to over half a million people living with pre-existing medical conditions since 2000. So, you can travel knowing that with anxiety travel insurance, if anything goes wrong, AllClear have you covered.
The key benefits you can get
You have the freedom to select a policy that suits you. Here are the main benefits on offer to you:
- All medical conditions considered
- 24-hour medical emergency helpline
- Medical emergency expenses of up to £15,000,000
- Up to £1,000 Medical inconvenience benefit for when you are in hospital as an in-patient
- Cancellation cover of up to £5,000
- Personal belongings cover of up to £5,000
- Since 2000 we’ve enabled people with anxiety to travel abroad safely. We’ve achieved this by offering people with anxiety the full benefits of comprehensive travel insurance.
- You can find an anxiety travel insurance quote with either our online or over the phone quote process.
- You’ll be able to find travel insurance for someone with anxiety whether you’re 18 or 118. This is because our AllClear policies have no age limits.
- Using our quote comparison tool you can compare multiple quotes in once place, letting you find anxiety travel insurance which works for you!
You also have a diverse list of optional extras to choose from, including:
- Waiting List
- Travelling Companions
- Winter Sports
- Travel Disruption (covering against natural disasters or civil unrest)
What’s more, you can waive your excess or exclude cancellation cover.
Frequently asked questions
Yo no longer suffer with anxiety. Do you still need to declare it?
Yes. You will need to declare anxiety if you have ever received treatment for anxiety. Please see our medical warranty for more information.
Single trip or annual multi-trip?
If your trip duration may exceed 45 days and you’re only planning on travelling once within a year, then a single trip travel insurance policy may be right for you.
However, if you’re going on 2 or more trips in a year you may benefit from purchasing an annual multi-trip policy. An anxiety annual multi-trip travel insurance policy offers cover for unlimited trips from the UK to your holiday destination within a year.
The maximum duration for these trips varies between policies but is typically between 31 to 45 days. However, trip extensions are offered by selected providers.
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Tips for travelling with Anxiety
Travelling is a liberating experience. It’s a good opportunity to say goodbye to the day to day stresses of life and work. If you live with anxiety, then it’s likely that this is even more important to you. You should do your best to be aware of the potential sources of stress of planning a holiday and of going abroad. With that in mind, we’ve put a list together to help you enjoy you’re holiday to the fullest.
Check with your doctor before travelling. This is obvious advice, but you should check that your doctor doesn’t have any reservations about your trip. They have the benefit of experience, and they know how other patients have reacted to the stresses of travel and holidaying in specific destinations.
Choose a suitable destination. Make sure that your destination appeals to you, and that you’ll get a chance to pursue your own interests. This is especially relevant if you are travelling with someone else – don’t let them dictate the itinerary. Instead, find a balance that both of you can enjoy. Frustration can cause stress and worry, which is counterproductive for anxiety sufferers.
Plan ahead. Arriving without a plan can be confusing and lead to stress. A good travel guide will help you to plan out your trip and make sure that you don’t miss out on anything you want to do or see.
Pick a good travelling companion. A calm, friendly travelling companion can be a source of strength and help to banish anxiety when you’re on holiday. On the other hand, a negative companion can help to conjure stress up from nowhere. So choose someone you will feel happy to spend time with
Listen to music. Sitting in silence during a flight leaves your mind with little to do but play the what-if game. Music can help you relax and unplug the brain for a bit. A book is a good idea too, although it does require a little more concentration.
Our 5 star rating on Trustpilot
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
† 3 months FREE and 20% discount offer applies to AllClear Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum annual policies only. Discount only applies to the base premium and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions. Offer expires on 14 July 2020 at 23:59.