Travel insurance for aortic aneurysm
An aortic aneurysm is a condition that most often affects men and people over 65 but it can affect anyone. People with another pre-existing heart condition are also more likely to have an aortic aneurysm. That’’’s why it’s so important to properly declare any pre-existing medical conditions when looking for the right cover.
You need to fully declare your aneurysm when getting your quote. Your comprehensive cover includes:
Unexpected medical treatment, including emergencies.
- Access to a 24 hour medical emergency assistance service.
- Any unplanned medication you need.
Can you travel if you recently had an aortic aneurysm repair?
The simple answer is yes but you need to select repaired abdominal aortic aneurysm as a medical condition to declare when getting your quote.
The key benefits you can get
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All conditions. All ages.
Repaired abdominal aortic aneurysm travel insurance
If you have had successful AAA surgery and want to go on holiday, you will need repaired abdominal aortic aneurysm travel insurance. Here at AllClear, we are specialists in medical travel insurance, so we are always happy to help.
Our 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Tips for travelling with an aortic aneurysm
As with any pre-existing heart condition, there are a few precautions you can take so as to ensure your safety:
- When flying, ensure you get up frequently to walk around the plane. You’ll want to avoid any risk of thrombosis.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages when on board – you’ll want to ensure you stay hydrated.
- Pick a destination that’s right for you; so that means extreme temperatures or high altitudes.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
† 3 months FREE and 20% discount offer applies to AllClear Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum annual policies only. Discount only applies to the base premium and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions. Offer expires on 14 July 2020 at 23:59.