Why do you need Travel Insurance for the Balearic Islands
The Balearic Islands are an autonomous archipelago lying between 50-190km from the Spanish mainland. The islands offer many different terrains and landscapes as well as many activities such as golf, diving and swimming. Should you require medical attention while away it is vital that you have a medical travel insurance policy in place to cover you for the costs of medical treatment. Minorca alone has vast plains and should you require a medical helicopter to transport you to the nearest medical vicinity, this will be thousands of pounds on top of any medical treatment that may be needed.
Medical bills abroad can be life-changing, so it’s important that as a UK citizen you’re covered for all of your pre-existing medical conditions as well as any unforeseen, unfortunate events that may happen. Ensure you travel with peace of mind knowing that you have great cover protecting you, allowing you to enjoy your time away.
Visit our AllClear Travel Insurance blog for more information about why you need travel insurance.
Call our friendly UK Help Centre today for a quote on 0800 377 777.
One Policy for All the Balearic Islands
You will not need a separate policy for hopping between islands. Our single trip regional policy for the Balearic Islands will cover you as will a policy for mainland Spain. If you are buying an annual multi-trip policy then a destination of Europe will cover you for all destinations within the Balearic Islands.
Comprehensive Cover for the Balearic Islands
We at AllClear are committed to giving our customers all the information that they need to help them to make their own decisions about what travel insurance policy is right for them. At AllClear we have been providing UK residents travelling abroad with medical travel insurance for over 20 years.
We can cover if you need emergency medical treatment relating to any of your declared pre-existing medical conditions. any repatriation needed back to the UK. We offer cover for cancellation and curtailment, should you have to cut your trip short for reasons out of your control, and we also offer personal property cover as well as optional extras to enhance your policy to suit your individual needs.
Will the EHIC Card Cover Medical Expenses in the Balearic Islands?
The current deal between the UK and the EU regarding the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) is set to change as of 31 Dec 2020 and so it’s important to have medical travel insurance in place before you travel to cover you for any unexpected expenses that may occur. Visit the AllClear EU Brexit blog for further information.
Travel Restrictions when Travelling to the Balearic Islands
Please ensure that the Balearic Islands are currently not restricted by the FCDO or the WHO. Providing there are no restrictions in place then we’re happy to offer you cover. Please visit the FCDO travel advice for Spain.
Coronavirus Cover for the Balearic Islands
At AllClear we can offer full medical expense cover and cancellation cover should you have a diagnosis or positive test result for Coronavirus COVID-19. Visit our blog page for up-to-date information on the Coronavirus cover we can offer.
AllClear Travel Information for the Balearic Islands
Situated east of the Spanish mainland, the Balearic Islands are believed to have been first populated around 5000 BC and have held important strategic trade positions for the likes of the Phonecians, the Carthaginians and later the Romans. The Islands form an archipelago of four main larger islands and many smaller islands and islets. Tourism since the 1950s has brought great prosperity to the islands and has thus led to the lifestyle and quality of life in the Balearics amongst the best in Spain.
An autonomous group of Islands, the relationship with the mainland is healthy and has been helped by the huge popularity and economy brought into Spain through holidaymakers in the Balearics. The four main larger islands are made up of Majorca (Mallorca), Menorca (Minorca), Ibiza and Formentera.
- Majorca / Mallorca – Named by the Greeks as “The Larger One” Majorca is the biggest of the Balearic Islands and a hugely popular destination for tourists. You will always find lots of Brits in Majorca! Please visit our Majorca destination page.
- Menorca / Minorca – Named by the Greeks as “The Smaller One”, Minorca is however not the smallest of the main Islands. Well-known for its outstanding megalithic stone monuments and a great number of archaeological discoveries, Menorca is hugely popular with tourists and offers a huge variety of activities and holiday choices.
- Ibiza – Famed for its hugely popular nightlife, Ibiza has hosted world-famous DJs and music acts from all corners of the Earth and has been a firm favourite with British partygoers and holidaymakers for years. Recent developments in Ibiza have seen the authorities aiming for a more family-orientated appeal to the island so Ibiza may be attracting a different kind of traveller in years to come.
- Formentera – The smallest of the larger islands. The island has no airport and can be accessed only via boat or ferry via one of the larger main islands.
- Smaller Islands and Islets – Up to 151 of the smaller islands are inhabited in the Balearics so, should you venture to, you can take a day trip out and explore many of the wonderful islands and local communities.
The Balearic Islands offer a myriad of different holiday choices in a beautiful Mediterranean climate from hotel resorts and long days by the pool, to golf holidays and days of pure adventure with exploration and discovery. The Balearic Islands can be enjoyed over weeks or even months and we want you to enjoy your time away feeling safe in the security of having a comprehensive travel insurance policy to protect you should the unexpected happen. So call us today on 0800 377 777 for a quote!
Speaking the Language in the Balearic Islands
You will find slight variations of dialect around the various islands, all however, deeply rooted in the Catalan strand of the Spanish language. If you are visiting the most popular islands, however, you will not find it hard to converse in English with most staff and holiday makers alike as the huge popularity of the Islands to the Brits has arguably made English a second language on the main islands.
Flexible and Enhanced Cover for the Balearic Islands
Visiting your Own Property in the Balearic Islands
If you own property in the Balearic Islands and are unsure about what cover you might need, then let AllClear help. British citizens abroad will still be charged medical expenses and will need to be insured the same as any holidaymaker, however a full policy may not be necessary. At AllClear we can remove cancellation cover from your policy allowing you just the medical emergency expenses cover you need.
Golf Holidays in the Balearic Islands
Palma de Mallorca alone has a number of stunning golf courses that attract golfers of all ages the whole year round. Whether you are visiting such beautiful courses as the Arabella or Puntiró golf courses or are still taking your pick from any number of courses across the islands, be sure to enhance your policy by adding golf cover as an optional extra to ensure we have you fully covered.
Cruises around the Balearic Islands
Cruises around the Balearic Islands are an epic and awe-inspiring joy to behold as you gaze upon the ancient rockland from the crisp Mediterranean seas. If you’re going on cruise in Balearics then you must add cruise cover to your policy to ensure that you have full cover should you need emergency medical treatment out at sea.
Travel Insurance Prices for the Balearic Islands?
Travel Insurance premiums to the Balearic Islands will be made up of a number of contributing factors. Any pre-existing medical conditions you have, as well as your age, will play a part in your premium costs. Also the cost of medical treatment in the Balearic Islands and how long you are planning to be there will be a factor. Any optional add-ons such as golf cover or cruise cover will also increase your premium and give you extra cover to suit your needs.
Call our AllClear team today for a quote today on 0800 377 777.
What Should a Travel Insurance Policy for Balearic Islands Cover?
Try to find an insurance policy to suit you and your parties specific needs. It’s important to declare pre-existing medical conditions while you are setting up your policy . A good travel insurance policy should give you comprehensive cover. Look for a policy that includes cover for:
- Emergency medical expenses – All pre-existing medical conditions will be covered as well as any unforeseen medical events that may occur. Look for a policy that will include covering the costs of any repatriation back to the UK as well as some helpful associated cover such as accommodation for a family member if needed, among other things.
- Cancellation and curtailment – An insurance policy can cover you should you cancel your holiday or cut it short due to medical conditions or other circumstances out of your control.
- Baggage and Personal Property – A policy might also cover any personal property or belongings that you have with you, including your passport and protection for any lost cash. Should your property get lost, damaged or stolen then a good insurance policy will have you covered.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Why Choose AllClear for Travel Insurance for the Balearic Islands?
Our AllClear policies can offer you up to £15million medical travel insurance and includes cover for cancellation and for repatriation back to the UK. Our policies have flexible, removable excess’ and we give our customers access to a 24 hour, UK-based, emergency assistance telephone helpline that is always available to assist you while abroad. Let AllClear help you today!
Call our AllClear team today for a quote on 0800 377 777 and let us get you covered!
At AllClear, we have been supplying our customers with comprehensive medical travel insurance since 2000 and have won many awards and acknowledgements for customer services and quality of product. Our policies have an independent 5-star rating and we also have a 4.8 Trustpilot rating – don’t just take our word for it! – See what our customers are saying.