Broken bone travel insurance
Broken bone travel insurance covers you if you are currently living with a broken bone or fracture and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
The key benefits you can get
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000, including for Covid-19
- Up to £15 million emergency medical expenses cover, including for Covid-19
- Up to 30 days FREE extended cover (if due to unexpected circumstances beyond your control)
- Up to £2,000, if medically necessary, for a friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19 (costs for room and to accompany you home)
- Repatriation costs, when medically necessary, to bring you back to the UK where it is deemed to be in your best interests
- Following recovery from Coronavirus, costs for a continued recuperation stay, when medically necessary and under doctors advice
- Costs for your return flight following your enforced stay due to Coronavirus
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000
- All conditions. All ages.
Will you be covered for travel during the Coronavirus pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses or cancellation relating to COVID-19, when you have travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. If you’re an existing policyholder, you can read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Types of travel insurance with broken bones
Depending on how long you’re travelling for, you can take out single trip or annual multi-trip travel insurance with broken bones. If you have several trips planned, an annual multi-trip policy could be for you. Trips under this package must start and finish in the UK.
Will having broken bones affect your travel insurance?
Not necessarily, but it’s always important to declare all medical conditions. Since we are specialists in medical travel insurance, we can help find the right policy. Please give us all the details about your broken bones so that we can find the best policy for you.