Gallstones travel insurance
Gallstones travel insurance covers you if you’re living with gallstones and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are on holiday.
Gallstones are very common in the UK. It’s estimated that more than 1 in every 10 adults living in the UK has gallstones. AllClear are specialists in providing gallstones travel insurance as well as a wide range of other medical conditions.
It’s important to have the right travel insurance for gallstones and to ensure you’ve declared all of your medical conditions. That means you can travel knowing you’re fully covered if you do need medical treatment while you’re abroad.
AllClear holiday insurance with gallstones will cover you:
- To use a 24 hour emergency medical assistance service from your destination.
- To claim for any unexpected medical treatment.
- To claim for any replacement medication if yours were to be lost or damaged during your travels.
*Providers will vary, so do check the cover limits of the policy you intend to purchase.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Can you get travel insurance if you have gallstones?
Yes! AllClear has covered over 1300 different medical conditions since 2000 and gallstones is one of them. All you need to do is declare your gallstones when going through our simple quote process to ensure your condition is covered.
Your doctor said you have ‘probable’ gallstones but it’s never been properly diagnosed, can you still get cover?
You must have been diagnosed with gallstones to get travel insurance for gallstones. We are unable to cover undiagnosed conditions. The best thing to do in this case would be to speak to your doctor and ask if they can confirm whether or not you have gallstones.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Travel insurance for gallstones
AllClear offers quick comparisons and our simple online quote process allows you to compare quotes from the carefully selected providers on our panel.
24 hour medical assistance
If you have gallstones travel insurance, you should have access to a 24 hour emergency medical assistance service which you’ll be able to contact from your destination.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Gallstones travel tips
Taking some extra time to plan your trip could really help you if you are travelling with gallstones. Check out Big Tick’s gallstone travel tips.
- You may want to seek medical advice before you travel to ensure you have any medication you need and enough to last the length of your trip (plus a few extra in case of damage or delays). Your doctor will be able to advise you on when to take your medication if you’re changing time zones.
Know your symptoms
- Complications with gallstones sometimes arise and may be made worse by changes in diet. Seek medical attention immediately if you develop jaundice, an abdominal pain lasting longer than eight hours, a high temperature and chills or abdominal pain so intense that you cannot find a position to relieve it. Within your travel insurance policy, you should have access to a 24 hour emergency medical assistance service so make sure you have the details of this with you at all times.
Know your travel insurance policy
- Once you’ve bought your policy, be sure to keep your travel insurance policy documents with you plus it may be worth printing out a few extra copies for those you’re travelling with.
Be mindful about what you eat
- You may experience a flare up if you change your diet, so be sure to drink lots of bottled water while away. You might also want to avoid sugary foods and soft drinks, try to cut out fatty, greasy foods, and drink alcohol moderately. You may want to ask your doctor what they recommend.
- You can still enjoy delicious local cuisine but you might want to opt for more natural whole foods to minimise risks of a flare up.
- If you’ve been told to avoid particular foods, it’s a good idea to have a list of these things translated into the language of the country you’re visiting so you can be sure to avoid them.
Travelling to your destination
- If you’re worried about feeling any discomfort throughout the flight, make your airline aware that you may need your medication and pain killers on you at all times.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.