Comprehensive Travel Insurance for Poland
Poland travel insurance covers you for travel to Poland. To prevent any unexpected medical bills you’ll need this type of insurance as it covers both medical emergencies and cancellations. It will also provide you with support should you face any medical-related issues while you’re away.
Although it may not be an obvious holiday destinatio, Poland should not be underestimated in terms of its beauty and diversity in what it has to offer. From dense forests to beautiful cities, Poland has something for everyone – whether you’re looking for breathtaking nature or historical culture.
However, before you go, you will need to take out comprehensive travel insurance, so that you can travel with peace of mind.
AllClear policies can help. We provide cover for up to £15 million for emergency medical expenses, including enhanced Covid-19 cover.
Do you need Travel Insurance for Poland?
While in Poland, as a UK resident, your EHIC (European Health Insurance Cards) will provide cover in terms of basic medical treatment. However, EHIC is only valid for UK residents in Europe until 31 December 2020. Therefore it is essential for you to take out travel insurance for any trip to Poland.
So that you can make the most out of your trip look out for high-quality cover which includes the following:
- High levels of cover for medical bills – even those related to COVID-19 and for repatriation, should you need to be returned to the UK as a result of a medical problem.
- Cancellation and curtailment cover in case an emergency prevents you from going on holiday or means you have to cut it short.
- Baggage and Possessions Cover – should your items be lost, damaged or stolen while you are travelling.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Get Your Quote in Three Simple Steps
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Tips for Travelling to Poland
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office Travel Advice
It’s more important than ever to check the FCDO travel advice for Poland before booking or travelling due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.
112 is one of the emergency numbers in Poland.
Alongside 112, the following emergency numbers are available:
999 – ambulance
998 – fire brigade
997 – police
The official language is Polish. Although you may find many people may speak other Lekhitic languages as well as Czech and Slovak. English is also widely spoken.
Although a member of the EU, Poland does not use Euros but instead uses its own national currency – złoty.
You won’t need an international driving permit to drive in Poland if you hold a UK photocard driving licence. For further information on driving through Poland, click here.
Why More Than 3 Million People Have Chosen AllClear
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions About Poland Travel Insurance
How much is Travel Insurance for Poland?
This depends on your age, medical conditions and how long you’re planning to stay there. For comprehensive travel insurance at an affordable price, see how AllClear can Help.
Is Poland classed as Europe for travel insurance?
With regards to travel insurance, Poland is considered as Europe. It is also a member of the EU – so, until the 31st December 2020, you will also be able to use your EHIC card while you are there. Although, you will also need comprehensive travel insurance in place as well as your EHIC card.
How many days do you need in Krakow?
Krakow is a perfect city to spend the weekend! So, three days should give you plenty of time to see the sights.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.