Travel insurance for schizophrenia
According to the National Audit of Schizophrenia (NAS), an audit commissioned by the National Programme on Mental Health, about 220,000 people in England and Wales have been diagnosed with schizophrenia.
If you have schizophrenia we don’t want your diagnosis to limit your ability to travel. We’re here to help you get the schizophrenia travel insurance that you need and deserve, whether it be for a single trip or for multiple trips within the same year.
Why you’re in good hands with us
We established AllClear in 2000 with the aim to provide specialist medical travel insurance to those with pre-existing medical conditions. We became the very first UK insurance specialist in providing medical insurance to those with pre-existing medical conditions. Since we started AllClear, we have covered more than 500,000 people and have covered 1300 different medical conditions! This means we’ve enabled thousands of people to travel abroad with peace of mind.
The main benefits of cover
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £5,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All ages. All medical conditions. All destinations.
Important for you to know
We represent a wide variety of other insurance companies in addition to our own. This means our comparison site can bring up multiple policies for you to review. This means you can compare levels of cover available and the price of premiums all in one place. With AllClear you can find a schizophrenia travel insurance policy tailored to your specific needs.
Why you need schizophrenia travel insurance
If you have a diagnosis of schizophrenia then you will need to declare this when purchasing your travel insurance policy. If you do not declare your condition then you may not have cover for any claim related to your schizophrenia. If a medical complication involving your schizophrenia affects your holiday, the last thing you want is to have to pay out of your own pocket because you didn’t declare your condition! This is why it is very important to declare whether you have a diagnosis of schizophrenia or any other medical condition.
Get a quote from us for schizophrenia travel insurance
Our quote process is quick and easy
You’ll first need to give us some basic details about your trip, such as your destination and when you’ll be travelling. Next, you’ll need to declare your schizophrenia and any other medical conditions you have. We’ll then ask you a few simple questions such as:
- When were you first diagnosed with schizophrenia?
- Have you ever been admitted to the hospital for compulsory treatment for schizophrenia related issues?
- What medication(s) do you take for schizophrenia?
- Do you have any other related illnesses?
- Have you been admitted to the hospital in the last year for schizophrenia related treatment?
Once you have answered these questions, you’ll receive one or more quotes from us. You’ll then have 7 days to review the quotes and decide whether or not to purchase one. If you wait until after 7 days, you’ll need to start the application over. This is because the prices and terms we offer in the quotes we send you will expire after 7 days.
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then select the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesA summary of the quotes offered will then be provided for you to review. You can save your quotes or proceed to purchase at this stage.
Do you need single trip cover or annual multi-trip cover?
Please also note that all trips covered by an annual multi-trip policy for schizophrenia travel insurance must both start and end in the UK.