Why do You Need Comprehensive Travel Insurance for Switzerland?
Recent figures show that each week over 3,000 people a week require emergency medical treatment abroad and the average claim exceeds £1300.
Whether you’re thinking of wining and dining in Zurich or picnicking by the lakes, Switzerland’s lush alpine landscapes are a joy to explore and it’s essential that you have a policy that will provide you with cover when you most need it and least expect it.
Our AllClear policies can cover you for unexpected medical expenses, cancellation, personal property and lots more. Medical expenses in Switzerland can be covered up to £15million, including repatriation to the UK!
Winter sports Travel Insurance for Switzerland
Thinking of skiing in the beautiful resorts of Switzerland? Add Winter Sports cover to your policy for under 65s and let us get you covered. Phone our Contact Centre today for a quote!
Enhanced Coronavirus Cover for Switzerland
As well as covering all of your pre-existing medical conditions and covering you for unexpected medical costs, we can now offer you our enhanced COVID-19 medical expense cover which will cover you if you are diagnosed with Coronavirus. This includes cancellation and other associated costs including repatriation to the UK.
If you’re unsure about how the Coronavirus pandemic affects your travelling plans please check check the FCDO travel advice for Switzerland. Providing there are no restrictions in place then we can offer you comprehensive cover.
What should Travel Insurance to Switzerland Include?
A travel insurance policy should cover you for your pre-existing medical conditions, unexpected medical emergencies and more. A good policy will include:
- Emergency Medical Expense Cover – should you require medical treatment for your pre-existing medical conditions or for an unexpected circumstance, then it’s important you have a policy that covers you for expenses
- Cancellation and curtailment – should you cancel your holiday or have to come home early due to medical circumstances then a policy can cover you for any financial loss
- Baggage and Personal Property – a policy can also cover lost, damaged or stolen luggage or possessions you have with you while you are travelling
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Frequently Asked Questions about Travel Insurance for Switzerland
How much is Travel Insurance for Switzerland?
Travel insurance will be based on a number of factors. Age, pre-existing medical conditions, destination & duration will all contribute to your premium. Any optional extras or choosing a policy with a smaller or no-excess will also affect the price. Call our UK based team at AllClear on 0800 077 77 today!
Will your EHIC card cover you in Switzerland?
Brexit will change the way we travel into and around Europe as British citizens. This will affect our costs for medical treatment as well as other things. As of 31 Dec 2020 your EHIC may not offer you the same protection as it has done in the past.
You will most definitely need comprehensive travel insurance when travelling into Europe. For more information visit our Brexit travel insurance page.
That’s why travel insurance is essential for any holiday. We have helped cover over 3 million customers over 20 years. Let us help you today!
What About Travel Restrictions to Switzerland?
Current lockdowns and restrictions have made it difficult at times for us to know where we stand when planning to travel. It is important to get the up-to-date information about travelling guidelines. If FCDO or WHO restrictions apply to your destination then we may not be able to offer you the cover you need. That’s why it is essential to know the Terms & Conditions supplied by your travel and accommodation provider and to check the FCDO travel advice for Switzerland before you travel.
Call our friendly Contact centre on 0800 077 77 and let AllClear get you covered!
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.