Why do you need Travel Insurance for Turkey?
Travel Insurance for Turkey can protect you from unexpected medical bills and cancellation costs, offering you peace of mind on your travels. Your personal belongings will also be covered.
AllClear policies can be tailored to suit you and your holiday needs, offering high-quality cover with flexible options. With all AllClear branded policies, Superior rated Covid-19 cover is included for FREE.
Comprehensive cover when travelling to Turkey
Draped in glorious Mediterranean sunshine, Turkey is a vibrant, beautiful country making it an ideal holiday destination year-round.
At AllClear, we aim to provide everyone with the opportunity to travel safely. To ensure you find the right policy, we will:
- Provide you with travel insights and peace of mind
- Aid your understanding of what’s included within your chosen policy
- Answer your frequently asked Travel Insurance questions
If you choose to travel with AllClear, the UK’s No.1 for Travel Insurance2, you can benefit from the following
- Coronavirus cover that has been rated Superior by a leading independent UK consumer champion
- Consideration of all pre-existing medical conditions
- Flexible cancellation cover with no upper age limit
Superior Covid-19 Travel Insurance for Turkey
Did you know it takes around 1 in 3 (34%3) of those we surveyed 1-2 hours to pack for a holiday? The good news is, with AllClear, buying comprehensive travel insurance only takes minutes – one thing you can tick off your holiday to do list
Do you need a policy that includes Covid cover? In short – yes! When buying travel insurance post-pandemic, covid cover is essential. 40%4 of over 50s we surveyed view Travel Insurance as more important than before the pandemic.
CEO of AllClear Travel, Chris Rolland, said: “Now that borders beyond Europe are welcoming tourists back, we can all explore new horizons. At AllClear, we believe that no matter your age, medical condition or chosen destination, travellers should be able to do so safely.
Our Covid cover has been developed to support holidaymakers in an evolving travel era. Created from over 20 years of industry experience, we’re confident our Covid cover can give you the reassurance you need.”
We recommend that, as part of your holiday preparation, you:
- Visit the FCDO website so that you can prepare for Turkey’s entry requirements, including visa requirements, passport validation requirements, and testing requirements.
- Look into the ‘Go / No Go Travel System’ for entry requirements on return to the UK.
- Buy quality Travel Insurance that includes enhanced COVID-19 cover.
What Should Travel Insurance for Turkey Cover?
When you are ready to buy your travel insurance for Turkey, you’ll want to know precisely what you are covered for.
An AllClear policy will cover:
- Emergency Medical Expenses – up to £15 million, including repatriation to the UK
- Cancellation and Curtailment – cover your holiday cancellation (or cutting short your holiday)due to medical conditions and other unforeseen events.
- Baggage and Personal Property protection against loss, theft or damage while you’re away.
- Optional Extras – we can enhance your policy with numerous optional extras such as gadget cover or cruise cover.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Join the UK’s most trusted Travel Insurance provider1
We have been providing our customers with premium medical travel insurance since 2000. In fact, 97%5 of our customers rate us as ‘Excellent’ or ‘Great’.
Our customer reviews highlight what they value about their AllClear experience.
“This company has very helpful and knowledgeable sales staff. I am very pleased I chose AllClear to feel safe in their hands.” – Pauline.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Frequently asked questions
What is the hottest time to go to Turkey?
The hottest time to visit Turkey is in July and August, where the temperature can rise above 40C. However, the average max temperature at this time is around 31.9C.
What does the GHIC cover in Turkey?
The GHIC replaced the EHIC card following Brexit.
The GHIC card (Global Health Insurance Card) covers all 27 countries residing within the EU. However, unlike the EHIC card, the GHIC will not cover Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland in the European Economic Area (EEA), but not the EU. Turkey is not part of the EU. Therefore, you will not be covered by a Global Health Insurance Card when travelling to Turkey.
Is it safe to travel to Turkey?
Turkey was removed from the Red List as of 22nd September. You can now fly to Turkey without having to quarantine when returning to the UK, if you’re fully vaccinated.
The former ‘Red List’ has been changed to a ‘No Go’, which categorises destinations as having a high Covid risk, as part of the former ‘Traffic Light system’ changes.
Other changes include merging the Green List and Amber List to form one low-risk ‘Go’ list.
For more details, visit the FCDO website.
How much will your Travel Insurance to Turkey cost?
We will base your travel insurance premium on several things.
- Any pre-existing medical conditions that you declare
- Your age
- The cost of medical treatment in Turkey
- The length of time you are planning on being there
- Any optional extras
- At AllClear, our policies offer you the option to remove cancellation cover, so this will also make a difference to your final insurance premium.
When does the cover begin?
Full benefits begin on the travel dates you have selected. However, cancellation cover begins as soon as you buy your policy.
That’s why it’s essential to buy your travel insurance as early as possible – or as soon as you have your trip booked. You can book a single trip policy for up to 12 months in advance of your holiday.
What is the age limit on Turkey Travel Insurance policy?
We’re pleased to say our AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies have no age limits.
What’s the maximum trip length on a single trip travel insurance policy?
Allowed trip lengths vary between policies. However, the maximum you can get for a single trip quote online is for up to 92 days.
Is it best to buy a Single or an Annual Multi-trip policy?
Whether a single or annual multi-trip policy is best for you depends on how often you intend to travel during the next 12 months. If you are going on holiday multiple times throughout the year, an Annual Multi-trip policy could work out better value for you.
With an Annual Multi-trip policy, you can travel as many times as you like throughout the period of your Travel Insurance. There are, however, limits on the number of days you can be away for any one trip, which for some providers also depends upon your age.
Top Tips for Travelling to Turkey
Below we’ve included some top tips for your visit…
Area of Travel
Turkish and Kurdish
The general emergency number is 112.
Safety and security
In some parts of Turkey there is political tension and the FCDO provides regular updates on which areas of Turkey should be avoided
Health – depending on how fit you are, your doctor may advise you to have Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Tetanus vaccines before you travel. These are usually free on the NHS.
All British nationals need a visa to enter Turkey. The Turkish government also advises that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you arrive in the country. The main visa type used for holidays is an e-Visa from the Turkish Government website.
Written by Lydia Crispin, MA Content Creator at AllClear
Edited by Letitia Smith, M.Sc. Content Manager at AllClear
2 Ranked first Overall for Travel Insurance on SmartMoneyPeople.com from over 14,300 independent customer reviews on 27/01/2021.
3 Travel Habits Survey, September 2021. 112 Respondents.
4 Research-based those that took part in AllClear’s Summer Survey, July 2021. 1440 respondents.
5 Based on Trustpilot reviews received during April 2021.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.