Do you need Travel Insurance for Turkey?
Emergency Medical treatment, medication and medical transportation can be very expensiveIf you have any pre-existing medical conditions then a comprehensive medical travel insurance plan is vital to ensure that you are fully covered and don’t have to pay any large medical bills yourself.
Each year tens of thousands of British holidaymakers travel without the right insurance and according to the Independent a claim is made every minute by UK residents abroad>. With a medical travel insurance policy from AllClear, you can sit back and relax knowing that we have you covered!
AllClear Comprehensive Cover for Turkey
Turkey is a vibrant, beautiful country straddling both Asia and Europe and has a heavily diverse culture, enjoying a heritage from both continents. Turkey is now a mix of Muslim, Jewish, Greek and Armenian cultures and its rich diversity has produced a stunning, colourful holiday destination. Draped in glorious Mediterranean sunshine, Turkey has a worldwide reputation for the finest cuisine so you’ll find yourself with no shortage of dining opportunities in any one of the vast number of resorts around the coastlines.
Turkey is an amazing place to go all year round, with stunning cities like Istanbul and Ankara and the coastal holiday regions of Dalaman and Antalya.
Make sure you have the right medical travel insurance policy before you travel so you can enjoy the splendours of Turkey in comfort knowing that AllClear has you covered.
Does the EHIC Card still cover Turkey?
Although the EHIC scheme ended in December 2020 your EHIC will be valid until its expiry date. New agreements between the UK and the EU have ensured that UK residents will still receive elements of cover when travelling within Europe thanks to the new GHIC.
Does the GHIC Card cover Turkey?
The GHIC card will cover all 27 countries residing within the EU, however, unlike the EHIC card, the GHIC will not cover Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland which are in the European Economic Area (EEA), but not the EU. Once your current EHIC card expires, you will be able to use the GHIC card within the EU countries. Apply for the GHIC card at the NHS official website.
AllClear Coronavirus Cover for Turkey
We have always been committed to giving our customers the highest quality and level of travel insurance that we can. AllClear policies can now offer our enhanced Coronavirus cover cover for medical emergency expenses and associated costs with a COVID-19 positive diagnosis.
Will it make a difference if you are vaccinated?
While vaccinations are currently being given throughout the UK, however being a positive sign of things to come, at this current time there is no difference to your quote whether you have had a vaccination for COVID-19 or if you have not. Check with the FCDO for current advice on travelling to Turkey.
What Should a Travel Insurance Policy for Turkey Cover?
When you are ready to purchase your travel insurance for Turkey, you’ll want to know exactly what you are covered for.
An AllClear policy will cover:
- Emergency Medical Expenses – up to £15 million including repatriation to the UK
- Cancellation and Curtailment – a policy can give you cover for cancellation and curtailment of your holiday due to medical conditions and other unforeseen events
- Baggage and Personal Property protection against loss, theft or damage while you’re away
- Optional Extras – we can enhance your policy with numerous optional cover such as gadget cover or cruise cover
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Competitor comparison table
|This table shows how AllClear Travel Insurance compares to other providers i||AllClear||Staysure||Avanti||Saga|
|5-star Trustpilot reviews||82%||77%||77%||71%|
|5-star Defaqto rated|
|Good Housekeeping endorsement|
|Established for 20+ years|
|Maximum cancellation cover||£25k||£15k||£7.5k||£10k|
|Minimum standard excess||£0||£65||£0||£70|
|Baggage delay benefit after 12 hours i||£250||£0||£75||£250|
|Number of product choices||4||2||3||1|
|No age limits i|
|Travel companion cover|
|Terminal conditions cover|
|Admin fee for cancelling during the cooling off period||£0||£25||£25||£0|
|Refund provided outside of cooling off period|
|Claims paid within 5 working days i||100%||95%||N/A||N/A|
All Clear Flexible and Enhanced Cover for Turkey
Turkey is a great location for adventure sports including scuba diving.
Our optional extras give you the chance to tailor your policy with extra benefits. Adding golf cover, cruise cover or gadget cover to your policy will give you more protection if you require it. Ensure you let us know if you are going on a cruise or skiing as you may need to add specific cover to your policy.
Frequently asked questions about travel insurance for Turkey
How much will your Travel Insurance to Turkey cost?
We will base your insurance premium on a number of things.
- Any pre-existing medical conditions that you declare
- Your age
- The cost of medical treatment in Turkey
- The length of time you are planning on being there
- any optional extras
- At AllClear our policies offer you the chance to remove cancellation cover, so this will also make a difference to your final insurance premium.
When does the cover begin?
Full benefits begin on the travel dates you have selected. However, if you have chosen cancellation cover to be included, this cover begins as soon as you buy your policy. For this reason, it’s important to buy your travel insurance as early as possible – or as soon as you have your trip booked. You can book a single trip policy for up to 12 months in advance of your holiday.
What is the age limit on Turkey Travel Insurance policy?
We’re pleased to say our AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies have no age limits. During your quote, you’ll only be shown quotes which can cover your age category.
What’s the maximum trip length on a single trip travel insurance policy?
Allowed trip lengths vary between policies, however, the maximum you can get for a single trip quote online is for up to 92 days. Find out more about maximum trip durations here: How long you can travel for.
Is it best to buy a single or an annual multi-trip policy?
Whether buying a single or annual multi-trip policy is best for you, it depends on how often you intend to travel during the next 12 months. If you are going on holiday multiple times throughout the year, an annual policy could work out better value for you.
With an annual multi-trip policy you can travel as many times as you like throughout the period of your insurance. There are, however, limits on the number of days you can be away for any one trip; which for some providers also depends upon your age.
What is your ‘Before you Buy’ checklist?
AllClear Travel Tips for Turkey
- Health – depending on how fit you are, your doctor may advise you to have Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Tetanus vaccines before you travel. These are usually free on the NHS
- Visa – All British nationals need a visa to enter Turkey (except for cruise ship passengers in certain circumstances). The Turkish government also advises that your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you arrive in the country. There are currently two options for getting visas. The first is an e-Visa from the Turkish Government website. They cost £20 and you can apply for one to three months before you’re due to set off and you should apply at least 48 hours before you travel
- Money – the currency is the Turkish Lira. You can get Lira from banks and the exchange bureaux – known as DOVIZ in Turkish. Otherwise, there are plenty of cash machines in major cities and tourist areas. Tipping in restaurants and hotels is customary
- Language – the official and most popular language used in Turkey is Turkish and is spoken by over 90% of the population. Other minority dialects such as Kurdish can be found but are not recognised as an official language of Turkey. When travelling to a resort you should find no shortage of English-speaking people working in hotels and restaurants
- Local Laws for tourists, there are a few unfamiliar laws that you should be aware of. For example, it’s a criminal offence to insult the Turkish nation, the national flag or to deliberately damage the currency in any way
- Safety and Security – in some parts of Turkey there is political tension and the FCDO provides regular updates on which areas of Turkey should be avoided
Why Choose AllClear for your Turkey Travel Insurance?
We have been providing our customers with premium medical travel insurance since 2000 and have helped our customers in tens of thousands of insurance claims. We are dedicated to the highest levels of service and are very proud that our products have been given numerous awards for standards and quality.
Read what our customers say on Trustpilot where we currently have a 4.9 rating with 97% of our customers rating us “Excellent” or “Great”.
Talk to our friendly AllCLear staff today in our UK-based help centre and let us help put your mind at ease with a comprehensive, AllClear insurance policy.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
“Fantastic insurance company”
Fantastic insurance company, my mum took ill while on holiday in Turkey, we showed our insurance documents, spoke to them on the telephone once & then everything was taken care of without any trouble whatsoever.