Why do you need Travel Insurance for Canada?
Canada travel insurance covers for cancellations and medical expenses, so you can travel to Canada with confidence. This type of cover will also support you during unexpected circumstances while travelling.
It’s time that you travelled with the UK’s most trusted Travel Insurance provider1.
Comprehensive cover when travelling to Canada
Canada is a multicultural land packed with beautiful natural wonders, including vast forests, glaciers and incredible mountain ranges.
While healthcare is accessible and standards are very high, there isn’t a reciprocal health agreement between Canada and the UK. Treatment could be costly if you have an accident or fall ill.
If you visit Canada without travel insurance, you may pay anywhere from $100 up to $600 $100 up to $600 to see a doctor during the daytime. That doesn’t include the cost of any medication or treatment. For your safety and financial protection, Travel Insurance for Canada is essential.
As a specialist medical travel insurance provider, AllClear can offer you:
- Coronavirus cover that has been rated ‘Superior’ by a leading independent UK consumer champion
- All pre-existing medical conditions considered
- Flexible options with no upper age limit
How to choose the right level of cover for Canada
When searching the market for travel insurance for Canada, it can be challenging to know what to look out for. To help you make the right choice, we’ve outlined the key benefits that you’ll want included with the policy you choose:
Emergency medical expenses – unexpected medical bills can ruin any holiday. To protect your trip, a policy that includes emergency medical expenses will help you cover the costs.
Repatriation to the UK – medical transportation back from Canada to the UK can be expensive and stressful. Repatriation cover can help you cover the costs and support you.
Cancellation and Curtailment – cancellations can happen – so it’s best to include cancellation cover with any travel insurance policy you choose.
With AllClear, you can travel with reassurance, knowing that with our branded policies – you’ll be covered for:
- Cancellation* and Curtailment
- Cost of emergency medical treatment
- Travel Delay
- Cost of return flight
You’ll also have enhanced Covid cover included for FREE if you choose an AllClear branded policy. Discover the benefits below:
Enhanced Covid-19 Travel Insurance for Canada
Did you know that almost 1 in 3 over 50s (32%2) that AllClear surveyed hope to travel in the next 1-3 months?
If you’re one of the many hoping to travel – you’ll need comprehensive cover, which includes enhanced covid Cover.
Chris Rolland, AllClear CEO, states that: “At AllClear, we are in the business of making travel safe, and we are market leaders in ensuring that people of all ages living with medical conditions can also enjoy the freedom of overseas travel, whilst being fully covered and supported.”
When planning your trip to Canada; there are a few things we recommend:
- Be aware that Canada’s borders are currently closed. So, you’ll need to stay up-to-date with the entry requirements by checking the FCDO website.
- Check the ‘Traffic Light System‘ for quarantine requirements on return to the UK from Canada.
- Buy quality travel insurance for Canada that includes enhanced COVID-19 cover.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
UK’s No.1 for travel insurance3
Our products are tailored to our customer’s individual needs, which is why 99%4 of customers would recommend us to family and friends…
“I have travelled abroad, especially to Canada for several years and although in my seventies, never been in hospital or seen a doctor for over forty years. However, my last trip in 2019 resulted in an emergency admission. The treatment was exceptional in Canada but very expensive. Thankfully I had AllClear insurance, and their response was immediate, and I received the immediate treatment required.” – Smith.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Frequently asked questions
How many days should you spend in Canada?
Canada has many exciting places to visit, from Toronto to Vancouver. Ten days should give you plenty of time to make the most of your experience.
Before booking, make sure you check the entry requirements as Canada still has tight controls in place as part of the country’s effort to minimise the spread of Covid. For up-to-date information, check the FCDO website.
What travel insurance is best for seniors?
Do you need medical insurance to travel to Canada?
In short – yes! Travel insurance for Canada is essential for your peace of mind, especially if you have a pre-existing medical condition.
At AllClear, we consider all medical conditions, so you can find a travel insurance policy that suits you and your individual needs. To ensure the policy you choose remains valid, you must declare all pre-existing medical conditions during the screening process.
Written by Lydia Crispin, MA Content Creator at AllClear
Edited by Letitia Smith, M.Sc. Content Manager at AllClear
2 Based on the AllClear summer survey July 2021, 1440 respondents.
3 Ranked first Overall for Travel Insurance on SmartMoneyPeople.com from over 14,300 independent customer reviews on 27/01/2021.
4 Based on 166 AllClear customers surveyed in April 2021.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.