Why do you need Travel Insurance for Thailand?
Travel Insurance for Thailand will cover you for medical emergencies and repatriation while you are away Should you need to cut short your trip or cancel your holiday before travelling, a good policy will also cover cancellation costs.
AllClear branded policies include Superior rated Covid-19 for FREE so that you can travel with confidence.
Comprehensive cover when travelling to Thailand
Medical expenses can be expensive in Thailand. The Association of British Insurers (ABI) revealed that it cost one UK holidaymaker £137,000 to treat a fractured spine resulting from a bathroom fall in Thailand, including repatriation to the UK.
As of March 2020, Travel Insurance became compulsory for visitors wishing to travel to Thailand. This requirement ensures that tourists can cover the costs for any emergency medical care while on holiday.
AllClear offers emergency medical expenses cover up to £15,000,000 per person and includes repatriation to the UK as standard.
If you choose Travel Insurance for Thailand by AllClear, the UK’s No.1 for Travel Insurance2, you could benefit from the following:
- Coronavirus cover that has been rated Superior by a leading independent UK consumer champion
- AllClear considers all pre-existing medical conditions and all ages.
- Flexible cancellation cover for Annual Multi-trip and Single Trip travel insurance policies.
Superior Covid-19 Travel Insurance for Thailand
Many are making the most of their travel opportunities since exotic locations such as Thailand have begun welcoming tourists back. At least 1 in 23 of those we surveyed over the age of 56 are hoping to go away 2-3 times in the next twelve months. So, what’s the most important thing to consider when planning post-pandemic trips?
Comprehensive travel insurance with Covid cover included will provide you with the protection and peace of mind you deserve.
CEO of AllClear Travel, Chris Rolland, said: “At AllClear, we offer Superior rated Covid Cover, as the safety of our customer is of the utmost importance. We want to provide all those who wish to travel the confidence to do so no matter their age or medical conditions.”
Before setting off to explore Thailand, we recommend that you:
- Visit the FCDO website so that you can prepare for Thailand’s entry requirements
- Be aware of the local Covid rules and restrictions.
- Buy quality Travel Insurance that includes enhanced COVID-19 cover.
What should Travel Insurance for Thailand Cover?
For your trip to Thailand, you’ll need Travel Insurance that you can rely on. Look for cover which includes;
Medical emergency expenses – covers you for medical bills for any medical emergencies you may experience while on holiday.
Travel delay and transport disruption – covers costs incurred due to transport delays.
Cancellation cover – Cancellation cover is essential as holiday providers and airlines will not always cover the costs depending on the circumstances.
Personal property cover – Your personal belongings are important, don’t forget to protect them when travelling. Find a policy that covers your luggage against loss, damage and theft.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Join the UK’s most trusted Travel Insurance provider1
Discover why 99%4 of customers would recommend us to family and friends.
Here’s an insight into our customers’ Experience of Travel Insurance for Thailand by AllClear:
“After falling ill recently, the service level of All Clear gave me peace of mind while is was in hospital in Thailand. I would recommend them and have renewed my policy with them excellent.” – Customer
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Frequently asked questions
Can you visit Thailand right now?
Before travelling, check the latest travel advice from the FCDO.
How long is the flight to Thailand?
According to British Airways, a direct flight from the UK to Thailand is around 11 hours and 40 minutes.
What is the hottest time to go to Thailand?
If you choose to visit Thailand between January and April, temperatures on average will be around 34 degrees providing you with guaranteed sunshine-filled days. The monsoon season is between June and October.
Written by Lydia Crispin, MA Content Creator at AllClear
Edited by Letitia Smith, M.Sc. Content Manager at AllClear
2 Ranked first Overall for Travel Insurance on SmartMoneyPeople.com from over 14,300 independent customer reviews on 27/01/2021.
3 Research-based those that took part in AllClear’s Summer Survey, July 2021. 1440 respondents.
4 Based on 166 AllClear customers surveyed in April 2021
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.