Why do you need Travel Insurance for Mexico?
Travel Insurance for Mexico will cover you for medical emergencies, as well as repatriation. It will also cover cancellation costs if you need to self-isolate due to Covid before you go, cut short your trip or cancel your holiday before travelling.
To give you the reassurance you deserve when having a holiday, AllClear branded policies include Superior rated Covid-19 for FREE.
Comprehensive cover when travelling to Mexico
Wondering what attracts over 500,000 British tourists who visit Mexico every year?
Mexico offers plenty of once in a lifetime experiences. If you’re considering a trip, you may wish to:
If you choose AllClear, the UK’s No.1 for Travel Insurance2, to cover your trip to Mexico, you could benefit from the following:
- Coronavirus cover that has been rated Superior by a leading independent UK consumer champion
- AllClear considers all pre-existing medical conditions.
- Flexible cancellation cover and no upper age limit
Superior Covid-19 Travel Insurance for Mexico
The world has changed since the pandemic. If you’re hoping to have a holiday in Mexico – you should look for a policy that includes Covid Cover.
With 1 in 23 people over the age of 56 that we surveyed are hoping to go away 2-3 times in the next twelve months, we want to ensure that everyone has the right level of cover when travelling.
CEO of AllClear Travel, Chris Rolland, said: “Passports enable you to travel, Travel Insurance enables you to travel safely. Both are essential for every traveller – no matter their age or medical conditions. At AllClear, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to see the world – which is why we’ve created cover that uses over 20 years of industry experience, renewing travellers’ confidence to travel.”
When preparing for your dream holiday to Mexico, we recommend that you:
- Take note of Mexico’s entry requirements before you travel FCDO website.
- Stay up to date with and follow the current local Covid rules and restrictions.
- Buy quality Travel Insurance that includes enhanced COVID-19 cover.
What should Travel Insurance for Mexico cover?
For your Mexico getaway, you’ll need Travel Insurance that will protect both you and your trip.
Medical emergency expenses cover – to avoid any large medical bills while you’re away.
Travel delay and transport disruption – To cover costs incurred due to transport delays.
Cancellation cover – some cancellation costs cannot be claimed from holiday providers and airlines. This is where cancellation cover becomes essential.
Personal property cover – Don’t forget to protect your personal belongings when travelling. Look for a policy that covers your luggage against loss, damage and theft.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Join the UK’s most trusted Travel Insurance provider1
Should you choose to Travel with AllClear, you’ll discover why 99%4 of customers would recommend us to family and friends.
Hear about our customers’ experience of Travel Insurance for Mexico.
“Great company, had an issue in Mexico and I needed two days in the hospital, and they sorted it all out, fantastic service highly recommend this company” – Paul.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Frequently asked questions
What is the hottest time to go to Mexico?
Mexico has many climatic zones, so temperature varies depending on which part of Mexico you choose to visit. Overall the best time to get to Mexico for great weather is between October and May. During this time it’ll be hot but not too humid. The highs in May in Mexico, on average, is around 27°.
Is Mexico safe for a holiday?
Mexico was removed from the ‘Red List’ on the 11th of October 2021 and is now recognised as low risk for covid. Before travelling, check the latest travel advice from the FCDO.
What part of Mexico should you visit?
The Riviera Maya is extremely popular. Stretching along the Gulf of Mexico, it’s home to resort destinations such as Cancún, Playa del Carmen, and Cozumel’s island.
Written by Lydia Crispin, MA Content Creator at AllClear
Edited by Letitia Smith, M.Sc. Content Manager at AllClear
2 Ranked first Overall for Travel Insurance on SmartMoneyPeople.com from over 14,300 independent customer reviews on 27/01/2021.
3 Research-based those that took part in AllClear’s Summer Survey, July 2021. 1440 respondents.
4 Based on 166 AllClear customers surveyed in April 2021
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of January 2022.
^Discount applies to the base price of AllClear branded travel insurance policies purchased through our Call Center only and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions or optional extras. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.