Why do you need Travel Insurance for South Africa?
Travel Insurance for South Africa will cover you for medical emergencies, including if you need to be repatriated back home. It will also cover cancellation costs if you need to cancel your holiday before you go.
To give you confidence when you travel, AllClear branded policies include Superior rated Covid-19 for FREE.
Comprehensive cover when travelling to South Africa
Did you know that 400,000 British tourists visit South Africa every year?
Some of the once in a lifetime experiences on offer are
- Sighting the ‘Big 5’ (lion, leopard, rhinoceros, elephant, and Cape buffalo)
- Venturing along the Garden Trail
- Climbing Table Mountain
If you choose AllClear for your Travel Insurance when visiting South Africa, you can expect:
- Up-to-date travel trends and insights from around the world
- Have a clear understanding of what’s included within your chosen policy
- A quick and straightforward medical screening process to help you find the right cover
As the UK’s No.1 for Travel Insurance2, and winner of the 2021 British Insurance Award for Customer Care, we’ll always put you and your trip first.
If you choose AllClear, you could benefit from the following:
- Coronavirus cover that has been rated Superior by a leading independent UK consumer champion
- AllClear considers all pre-existing medical conditions.
- Annual Multi-trip and Single trip policies available with flexible cancellation cover and no upper age limit
Superior Covid-19 Travel Insurance for South Africa
At least 1 in 23 of those surveyed over the age of 56 hopes to go away 2-3 times in the next twelve months. Since the pandemic, Covid cover is essential when buying Travel Insurance.
CEO of AllClear Travel, Chris Rolland, said: “Travel insurance is more than just a document. It can save lives and offer a financial safety net should the worst happen while travelling.”
What Should Travel Insurance for South Africa Cover?
When travelling to South Africa, you need Travel Insurance that will protect both you and your trip.
Medical emergency expenses cover – you’ll need a policy that includes cover for medical emergencies.
Travel delay and transport disruption – With travel delay and disruption cover, you may be covered for costs incurred due to transport delays.
Cancellation cover – covers financial losses for cancellation that cannot be claimed back from your holiday provider or airline.
Personal property cover – Don’t risk your personal belongings. Look for a policy that protects your luggage against loss, damage and theft while travelling.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Join the UK’s most trusted Travel Insurance provider1
With AllClear, you can trust that you have a Travel Insurance policy that you can rely on. 99%4 of customers would recommend us to family and friends.
Here’s what our customers have to say about their South African Travel Insurance by AllClear:
“This is the second time I have used AllClear and have been very satisfied on both occasions. Helpful, efficient staff. One medical claim with no problems after a trip to South Africa. I would recommend.” – Heather.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Frequently asked questions
What is the hottest time to go to South Africa?
The warmest month is February, with an average maximum temperature of 26°C (79°F), making it ideal for those hoping to escape the UK winter weather.
Is South Africa safe for a holiday?
For safety and travelling advice, check the latest information from the FCDO.
How many days do you need in South Africa?
Various safari and holiday providers recommend that you spend at least 8-12 days in South Africa due to the many attractions, safari opportunities, and treks.
Written by Lydia Crispin, MA Content Creator at AllClear
Edited by Letitia Smith, M.Sc. Content Manager at AllClear
2 Ranked first Overall for Travel Insurance on SmartMoneyPeople.com from over 14,300 independent customer reviews on 27/01/2021.
3 Research-based those that took part in AllClear’s Summer Survey, July 2021. 1440 respondents.
4 Based on 166 AllClear customers surveyed in April 2021.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.