Comprehensive travel insurance in the UK
If you wish to travel with peace of mind, comprehensive travel insurance covers you no matter your age, even if you have pre-existing medical conditions. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies while abroad, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and unnecessary complications that could arise when you’re away.
AllClear has insured well over 500,000 travellers since it was launched back in 2000 and has offered cover for over 1300 different medical conditions.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Providing genuine choice
Back in 2009, our website and contact centre offered comprehensive travel insurance but only for two products. As online expectations demanded more and more choice, AllClear adapted to launch the first medical travel insurance comparison website in 2010, offering products from other medical travel insurance providers. AllClear now offers genuine choice and fair pricing delivering the best comprehensive travel insurance service in the UK.
Annual multi-trip or single trip fully comprehensive travel insurance?
It’s important that you carefully consider what might best suit your holiday plans to ensure you get the fully comprehensive travel insurance you need.
If you’re not sure what your longer travel plans are or you have only booked one trip; it’s likely that a single trip fully comprehensive travel insurance policy would be your favoured choice.
Single trips could also appeal if you want to have a longer stay overseas in one particular destination where you could be covered for up to 92 days.
Fully comprehensive travel insurance for annual multi-trip policies work well where a series of holidays are planned over a 12 month period. Some of these trips may be short-haul, some to more exotic destinations, but it’s very important to understand that for each trip planned your journey must start and finish in the United Kingdom.
Please check the policy wording of your favoured provider before buying if you’re unsure.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Does your age affect whether you can obtain cover?
The best comprehensive travel insurance products should still be able to offer a quote regardless of age. It is a recognised fact that medical conditions do increase the older you get so it can affect the premium paid.
AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies have no age limits.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of January 2022.
^Discount applies to the base price of AllClear branded travel insurance policies purchased through our Call Center only and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions or optional extras. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.