Holiday Insurance for over 80s
Holiday Insurance for over 80s can cover all pre-existing medical conditions and medical emergencies on your holidays, as well as cancelling your trip. It is essential for protecting you on every holiday you take.
AllClear Holiday Insurance for over 80s includes Superior rated covid cover for your peace of mind.
Travel Insurance for over 80 with medical conditions
73%2 of over 80s-year-olds we surveyed hope to travel at least 2-3 times in 2022. More than 1 in 10 (12%) are even planning to take four or more trips. If you’re one of the many over 80s planning to make the most of your travel opportunities, you’ll need over 80s Travel Insurance.
With Travel Insurance for over 80s with pre-existing medical conditions, you can continue to explore new destinations and return to the places you love.
What’s a pre-existing medical condition?
A pre-existing medical condition is any condition you have;
- Been diagnosed with
- Had a follow-up appointment for
- Taken prescribed medication in the last five years.
Some examples of pre-existing medical conditions we can cover are:
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart conditions
- Atrial Fibrillation
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Travel Insurance with Covid cover
Travelling safely remains an important issue for 2022. Covid-related travel restrictions are reduced worldwide. However, it’s always best to be prepared and have Covid cover in place.
At AllClear, we offer Superior rated covid cover for FREE with all of our AllClear branded policies so that you can have reassurance when planning your trips.
Join the 3+million people we’ve helped cover
Travel Insurance for over 80s can be challenging to find, but it doesn’t have to be. Hear from those that have already discovered and travelled with AllClear.
“Fantastic service by Kelly. We are first time cruisers, and my mother will be 80 years young when finally our long-awaited holiday comes around. After being told by many companies that 80 is over the age requirements, speaking to AllClear was like a breath of fresh air as Kelly assisted me with all our insurance needs. First-class! Definitely recommend, and we will use it again for our future trips.” – Wendy.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Flexible, tailored Medical Travel Insurance for the over 80s
Our AllClear branded policies offer a host of optional extras that enable you to tailor your policy to suit your specific needs. Ask our friendly help centre staff about what optional extra might be right for you.
Cruise Travel Insurance: cruise cover to your policy to ensure you are fully covered for any eventuality, including; itinerary change, unused excursions and cruise interruption.
Gadget Cover: personal electronic items that you may want extra cover for can be covered by an AllClear policy as well
Golf Cover: add golf cover to your AllClear policy if you are planning to play golf on your holiday, and let us protect your golf equipment as well as other aspects of your golf holiday
GHIC cover for Over 80s
The GHIC replaces the EHIC and ensures that UK residents still receive the same care as citizens of that country while travelling in Europe.
However, the GHIC does not cover all medical costs that may occur while you are away. It’s essential to also have a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy before you leave the UK.
Over 80’s Travel Tips
From deciding where you want to visit to which activities you’ll be up to, planning for a holiday can be very exciting! But there’s so much to think about…
- See your doctor before you travel: Before you travel, it can be a good idea to see your GP to talk through your travel plans. They’ll be able to tell you if they have any concerns about you travelling or they’ll declare you fit to travel. Seeing your doctor before travelling is also a good idea if you take regular medication.
- Travelling by plane: If you’re travelling by plane, take advantage of what your airline can offer you to make your trip easier and more comfortable. Priority boarding might be a good option to avoid the hustle and bustle of everyone boarding the plane all at once. If you have trouble walking or standing for long periods, you might be able to request a wheelchair at the airport or be taken to your terminal by wheelchair. This will save you standing around or walking to your terminal, especially if your terminal is a 15-minute walk away.
- Staying healthy when abroad: Aim to drink plenty of water and remain well hydrated, especially if you’re going to a hot country with high temperatures. While excursions and days out can be great when you’re on holiday, don’t feel you have to see and do everything if you know there’s a chance you might overexert yourself. However, you can still embrace adventure as a travelling senior.
Frequently asked questions for Holiday Insurance over 80
How much is Travel Insurance for over 80s?
Several factors are considered when calculating Travel Insurance premiums for those over 80s. The destination to which you are travelling is a primary factor. For example, Spain, the United States, and Canada are among the more expensive countries to receive medical treatment, resulting in a higher premium. Other factors include; the duration of your trip and the type and severity of your medical conditions. Age is also taken into consideration.
Which Travel Insurance for over 80s?
Over 80s Travel Insurance can be bought as an Annual-Multitrip policy or as a single trip policy.
Single trips for over 80’s Travel Insurance work well when you only have one trip planned. Where your travel plans include several trips in any twelve-month period, then it is likely that an Annual Multi-trip over 80’s Travel Insurance policy could be a more cost-effective option.
As specialist providers, our AllClear Gold and AllClear Gold Plus policies have no age limits, whether you opt for a single trip or an annual multi-trip policy.
Written by Lydia Crispin, MA Content Creator at AllClear
Edited by Letitia Smith, M.Sc. Content Manager at AllClear
2 Based on the AllClear Annual Survey, January 2022. 202 participants over the age of 80.
3 Ranked first Overall for Travel Insurance on SmartMoneyPeople.com from over 14,300 independent customer reviews on 27/01/2021.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.