Why do you need Travel Insurance for Asthma?
Asthma travel insurance covers you if you’re living with Asthma and wish to travel with confidence. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are on holiday.
What if your asthma took a turn for the worst while on holiday because you were exposed to a trigger that you do not often experience in your daily life? What if your inhalers are lost or stolen?
These are important considerations, whether your asthma is severe and you use asthma medication daily or you have mild asthma.
If you have a specialist asthma travel insurance policy, you‘ll be covered if you need unexpected medication or have to be admitted to hospital during your holiday…
What does an asthma travel insurance policy cover you for?
Whether your asthma is mild or severe, you’re still susceptible to an asthma attack. If anything were to trigger an asthma attack whilst on holiday, or if you lost your inhaler or it got stolen, you want to make sure you will have access to a 24-hour emergency medical assistance line from abroad or to claim for any unplanned medical treatment and replacement medication.
Providing you have fully declared your asthma, and any other condition you live with, a comprehensive policy should cover you:
- For mild or severe asthma.
- To use a 24 hour emergency medical assistance line from abroad if something triggers an asthma attack while on holiday or if you lose your inhaler, or encounter any other medical problems.
- To claim for any unplanned medical treatment and replacement medication*.
*Providers will vary, so do check the cover limits of the policy you intend to purchase.
- We understand that the severity of asthma varies – your asthma might be mild, or it might be severe with a history of hospital admissions.
- That’s why the medical screening questions are designed to get the relevant information needed.
- This enables us to offer a range of fairly priced quotes for a policy that meets your specific cover needs.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 Star Trustpilot Rating
Our customers are confident in the service we provide which is reflected in our 5 star Trustpilot rating.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
How to declare your Asthma
It’s essential to declare your asthma when completing your quote so that you are covered for any asthma related complications you could potentially have while you’re away.
As part of our medical screening process, you’ll be asked to provide information about your previous and current state of health. There are a few easy to answer questions about your personal details and then you move onto the pre-existing medical conditions section where you answer questions on recurring illnesses, on-going or lifelong conditions, previous surgeries and any conditions you’re currently suffering living with.
This information will then be used to determine your premium (the amount of money you pay for your insurance). Our bespoke system then generates a list of suitable quotes from our providers in price order for your review.
Frequently asked questions
Annual multi-trip or single trip?
An annual multi-trip policy allows you to travel multiple times within a year. The maximum duration of these trips varies between policies. However, it is usually between 31 to 45 days.
If you need a longer trip duration or, if you only plan on travelling once in the year, then a single trip travel insurance policy may be right for you.
What will affect the price of your policy?
We calculate the premiums you’re displayed using multiple factors. These include age, trip duration, destination and pre-existing medical conditions.
Do you need to declare your asthma, even if it is mild?
It’s essential to declare your asthma when completing your quote; no matter how mild it is.
However, we understand that the severity of asthma varies. That’s why, the multiple-choice medical questions allow you to detail how mild or severe your asthma is.
We use this information to determine your premium (the amount of money you pay for your insurance) and offer a range of fairly priced quotes for you.
What happens if you need to change something about your asthma after buying your policy?
If your asthma gets worse, you can amend your policy to ensure you are fully covered. Please notify us at the earliest opportunity and in particular before you book or commence your trip.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.