from £11.64 per month in December 2023^
Travel insurance for the over 70s is a type of a policy that covers the specific needs of older travellers, including health conditions. AllClear Travel Insurance offers specialised cover for senior travellers. All conditions. All ages. All destinations.
You don’t have to pay a fortune for over 70s Travel Insurance. AllClear Travel Insurance has many options to suit your budget and preferences. You can travel with peace of mind and enjoy your trip with AllClear.
Not sure where to go on your next holiday? We’ve got some incredible destinations to travel to for over 70s.
You’ll need Over 70s Travel Insurance, especially if you have a serious medical condition. Comprehensive Travel Insurance lets you make the most of your travel opportunities. 4 out of 5 over 70s (80%3) we surveyed hope to have at least two holidays in 2023. Our Holiday insurance for over 70s is designed to let you travel with confidence and will protect you and your trip. Our policies provide medical cover if you have any unexpected medical emergencies while you’re abroad.
As a specialist Pre-exisiting medical Travel Insurance provider, we offer tailored Travel Insurance to suit you and your medical needs, whichever level of cover you choose.
Whatever your age, our Travel Insurance for over 70s offers cover for over 1,300 pre-existing medical conditions. AllClear policies also include Superior Covid cover2 as standard. Make sure you declare all pre-existing medical conditions when you buy your policy.
A pre-existing medical condition is any condition you’ve been treated for, or have taken any prescribed medication for, in the last 2 years Some examples of pre-existing medical conditions we can cover are:
High Blood Pressure
It is important you tell us these types of conditions when you but your travel insurance. Otherwise your emergency medical cover will be affected.
Over 70s Travel Insurance policies cover pre existing conditions, as such, the cost of medical treatment has an impact on the cost of the policy. As a senior traveller, you should expect to pay more for your cover, but this is better than having to pay for huge medical bills. Travellers over 70 are more likely to make a claim. Much like younger drivers paying higher premiums for car insurance. However, age is not the only thing that matters. Here are some other factors that can influence the cost of your Travel Insurance policy:
Travel Insurance for over 70s provides the same cover as our standard travel insurance policy, with no age limits. We also provide cover if you have a serious medical condition.
– Medical expenses: We can cover emergency medical treatment you require while travelling, including pre-existing medical conditions you’ve told us about.
– Medical aids: We will protect your essential medical equipment and accessories from loss or damage, so you can travel with confidence.
– Medication: We will help you get a replacement for your vital prescription medication if you lose it during your trip, letting you stay healthy and safe.
– Repatriation: We may help you return home in case of an emergency, so you don’t have to face any extra stress.
– Lost Luggage: We will pay out if your baggage is stolen or damaged, so you can replace your important items and enjoy your holiday.
– Cancellation: Cancellation cover protects you for the cost of your holiday if you have to cancel due to an unforeseen emergency or reasons beyond your control.
– Travel disruption: We will help you cover alternative transport or accommodation if your travel plans are disrupted, so you can continue your journey smoothly.
– Medical conditions you don’t tell us about: We need to know your full medical history to give you the best cover possible in a medical emergency.
– Airline strikes that affect your travel plans: This is something that the airlines should deal with and compensate you for. They should also help you arrange alternative transport if needed.
– High-risk activities: These are not covered by our standard policy, but you can add extra cover for some activities if you want to.
– Accidents that happen when you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol: We want you to have fun on your trip, but we also want you to be safe and responsible. If you have an accident because of drugs or alcohol, we won’t be able to cover your claim.
– Traveling to countries that the FCDO has advised against: We offer worldwide cover, but we can’t cover you if you go to a country that the FCDO says is too dangerous or risky.
– Missed flights within your control: We understand that sometimes things go wrong, but we can’t cover you if you miss your transport because of poor time management or mistakes that you made.
– Choosing not to travel: We know that sometimes plans change, but we can only cover you for cancellation if you have a valid reason, such as illness, injury or bereavement. For full details please see your policy documents for full details of cover.
“We believe that everyone should be able to travel, and the over 70’s are no exception. There’s an assumption that older people are either unwilling or unable to see the world. Our data shows that this is wrong, and that there are plenty of holidaymakers exploring well into their 70s, and beyond. However, more than any other group, senior travellers need to make sure they have comprehensive cover in place for their trip.”
Letitia Smith MSc, Travel Insurance expert
A single trip policy is perfect if you’re planning a single trip. Enjoy comprehensive cover for single trips up to a maximum trip length of 45 days.
If you’re planning to take 2 or more holidays over 12 months, you could save time and money with an Annual multi trip policy.
Specialist cover for travellers hitting the high seas. Includes cover for cabin confinement, missed port departure and more, and standard cover for medical, baggage etc.
We provide over 70s travel insurance for every destination. However, the region of cover you need will depend on where you’re heading.
AllClear can provide cover for your UK trips for baggage and cancellation. However, we do not cover medical treatment in the UK.
Get comprehensive cover for any European country and Egypt, Morocco & Tunisia.
Travel Insurance for anywhere in the world. Choose whether to exclude the USA, Canada and the Caribbean.
With AllClear policies, you can tailor your cover to suit your individual needs. Optional extras can enhance your policy and give you the cover you need.
GHIC ensures that UK residents will receive the same level of healthcare as residents in that country in Europe. The GHIC is valid in the 27 countries within the EU. The GHIC, however, will not cover all medical costs that you may incur while you are away. That’s why it’s essential to also have over 70s holiday insurance before you leave the UK.
Our dedication to customer satisfaction has helped us understand our customers. We always make sure that we put their needs first. Discover more about the AllClear experience from our over 70s travellers.
“Getting quotes for Travel Insurance when you are over 70 and with pre-existing medical conditions can be a painful experience. It, therefore, came as a ray of sunshine to be helped through the process by an incredibly helpful and lucid young woman. No jargon, hard sell or questions that I (doctor) didn’t understand. From start to getting the quote took a fraction of the time with other insurers and was also very competitive. Highly recommended.” – Dr Henderson
In our recent survey, over 30% of over 70s said they planned to take a cruise in the next 12 months4 If you’re taking a cruise holiday and you’re over 70, it’s vital that your policy includes Cruise Travel Insurance. In addition to the standard cover, cruise cover for over 70s includes protection against;
Need more stories to help inspire your next trip? Discover how AllClear cover helped an over 70’s couple with multiple medical conditions keep on cruising.
Whether you want to relax on the beach or have an adventure, our travel tips can help!
The cost of travel Insurance usually increases with age, because older people tend to have more health problems and accidents that could lead to claims. Therefore, premiums rise to cover the higher risk.
AllClear Travel Insurance cover has no upper age limit, so you older travellers can buy a specialist policy no matter their age.
Travel Insurance over 70 will cover you for medical emergencies, repatriation and cancellation costs. AllClear branded policies also offer cover for the loss or damage to personal property. We also cover travel delay cover. So that you and your belongings are safe while travelling to and from your destination and while you’re there.
Most importantly, it’ll give peace of mind, enabling you to relax and enjoy your trip.
You can buy your Over 70s Travel Insurance before or after you’ve booked your trip, but it must be before you travel.
Our Single trip Travel Insurance policies can be purchased 12 months before your holiday. As soon as you have purchased your policy, the cover begins immediately if you have included the cancellation cover. An Annual multi-trip Travel Insurance can be purchased up to 31 days before your first trip.
Written by: Letitia Smith | Travel Insurance ExpertLast Updated: 4 December 2023
2 Covid cover rated Superior by a leading Independent UK Consumer Champion.
3 From 1,836 responses in the AllClear Annual Survey Jan-Feb 2023
4 From 3,901 responses in the AllClear Annual Survey Jan-Feb 2023
^£11.64 per month for a 70 year old with no medical choosing an AllClear Gold excluding cancellation annual multi-trip policy to Europe. Price is correct as at 01/11/23.
Modern Slavery Statement
MaPS Travel Insurance Directory
Earn rewards by sharing with friends