Travel Insurance with Allergies
Allergy travel insurance covers you if you or someone you know is living with allergies and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
In the UK millions of people experience allergic reactions and even anaphylactic shock. Recently nut allergies have prominently featured in the news.
Each year the number of people affected by allergies rises by 5% and half of those are children, making a travel insurance policy that covers allergies more vital than ever.
With the right policy you’re covered if the worst happens and you or your family need emergency medical treatment while you are on holiday.
Here at AllClear we specialise in medical travel insurance. We can cover all pre-existing medical conditions, including nut allergy and others, so you can travel with confidence.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Frequently Asked Questions
Your allergy is mild, you carry an Epipen just in case but you’ve never used it. Do you need to declare this?
Yes, you do need to declare your allergy. This is important even if you’ve never had to use an Epipen or had a reaction.
If your Epipen or other allergy medication were to be lost or damaged while abroad, you could claim back your expenses if you have to buy extra supplies. And while you may never have had a reaction before, in a different part of the world with a different language and where you’re not in your daily routine, there may be a higher risk of you having a reaction.
You have a sun allergy called polymorphic light eruption, do we cover sun allergies?
We are able to offer cover for this specific allergy. If you struggle to find this condition, just type in the first four letters, click ‘search’ and it will appear in a list of other conditions. Simply scroll down and select polymorphic light eruption.
You have allergic asthma so you only have asthma when it’s bought on by your allergy to pets, do you need to declare asthma?
If you have asthma bought on by an allergy to pets, even though you may not have asthma any other time than when you’re around certain animals, you will still need to declare it if you take medication for asthma (pumps, tablets etc). So you will need to declare asthma and allergy separately and then we will be able to offer cover for your allergic asthma.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 Star Trustpilot Rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.