Travel insurance for autism
Autism travel insurance covers you if you are living with autism or accompanying someone living with austism and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
If you or your child has autism, you may have concerns about finding travel insurance to cover the condition. Whether it’s a single trip or an annual multi-trip policy, AllClear’s autism travel insurance can help you set your mind at ease.
We have been providing travel insurance for travellers with different medical conditions for over 15 years. It’s our belief that everyone should be able to travel to any destination, at any age and with any medical condition.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Travel insurance for an autistic child: Do I need a single trip or an annual multi-trip policy?
If you’re planning to travel with your family many times in the year, then an annual multi-trip policy might be more cost-effective for you. Please note, that an annual multi-trip policy covers only trips that both depart and arrive in the UK.
If you have holiday plans of longer duration than this then you may prefer a single trip policy instead.
AllClear gives you choices
We make sure that the medical part of the quote journey, the online screening, is quick and easy to complete. You’ll then be provided with quotes for a host of insurance providers that will provide travel insurance for autism. That means you can choose the policy that best meets your needs, and at the price you want. We offer AllClear products, but also carefully selected products from other specialist travel insurance providers.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 star rating on Trustpilot
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of January 2022.
^Discount applies to the base price of AllClear branded travel insurance policies purchased through our Call Center only and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions or optional extras. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.