Travel insurance for people with Haemophilia
Haemophilia travel insurance covers you if you are living with haemophilia and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
If you have haemophilia you may have found it more difficult finding medical travel insurance. However, we’re here to help you get the haemophilia travel insurance that you need and deserve, whether for a single trip or for multiple trips in the same year. We’ll also help you save money and find the insurance that’s right for you. We do this by allowing you to compare between multiple policies.
We started AllClear back in 2000 because we recognised that it was difficult for people with pre-existing medical conditions to find travel insurance! We became the very first UK insurance specialist in providing medical insurance to those with pre-existing medical conditions.
We’re proud to have covered more than 1.8 million people! Moreover, we have provided our customers with comprehensive travel insurance involving more than 1300 different medical conditions!
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Why you need haemophilia travel insurance
Any claim you would like to make related to your haemophilia will only be covered if you have declared haemophilia when purchasing your insurance.
So, be sure to declare haemophilia and any other medical conditions you may have as you don’t want to end up having to pay out of your own pocket. This is especially true if you are travelling to places like the United States where even a simple procedure and short hospital stay can be extremely expensive!
Get a quote from us for haemophilia travel insurance
The procedure to get a quote only takes a few minutes!
You’ll first need to give us some basic details about your trip, such as your destination and when you’ll be travelling. Next, you’ll need to declare your haemophilia and any other medical conditions you have. We’ll then ask you a few simple questions such as:
- What type of haemophilia do you have (haemophilia B, haemophilia C, factor 9 haemophilia, factor 11 haemophilia, etc.)?
- What type of treatment(s) do you take for your haemophilia?
- Will other people be travelling with you?
- What type of medication do you take for your haemophilia?
- Do you experience spontaneous bleeds?
Once you have answered these questions, you’ll receive one or more quotes from us. You’ll then have 7 days to review the quotes and decide whether or not to purchase one. If you wait until after 7 days, you’ll need to start the application over because the prices and terms we offer in the quotes we send you will expire after 7 days.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Do you need single trip cover or annual multi-trip cover?
If you are planning to take more than one trip over the course of a 12 month period, you may save a lot of money if you get annual multi-trip cover rather than single trip cover for each trip you take.
Trips covered by an annual multi-trip policy for haemophilia travel insurance must both start and end in the UK.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of January 2022.
^Discount applies to the base price of AllClear branded travel insurance policies purchased through our Call Center only and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions or optional extras. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.