Irregular heartbeat travel insurance: What it covers
Irregular heartbeat travel insurance covers you if you are currently living with an irregular heartbeat and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
According to the NHS, an irregular heartbeat is experienced by more than 2 million people a year in the United Kingdom. Therefore, it is clear that you are not alone when it comes to having an irregular heartbeat. Irregular heartbeat can be known by many names, and quite commonly arrhythmia. In short, the heart is a complex system of valves, nodes, and chambers that control how and when the blood is pumped. As such, having an irregular heartbeat can be defined as your heart pumping blood too fast, slow, or in an abnormal rhythm. Irregular heartbeat travel insurance from AllClear makes sure that if you need any medical treatment on holiday, you are provided with an Emergency Medical Assistance team that understands your condition, and knows how to help. 24 hours a day – 7 days a week.
Whilst a manageable medical condition, irregular heartbeat has the potential to lead to more severe heart conditions, including sudden cardiac arrest. That’s why our policies are designed to offer irregular heartbeat travel insurance that is not only affordable but fully comprehensive. We recognise that you are not just another statistic. Our aim is to provide travel insurance for people who may otherwise struggle to be insured elsewhere – and we’re proud to have covered over half a million people for their pre-existing medical conditions since the year 2000.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Frequently asked questions
Can you get a quote after you have had a cardiac arrest?
Yes, we would be happy to offer you a quote.
Do you need to tell you about having a pacemaker as well?
You only need to enter ‘irregular heartbeat’. During the questions about your heart condition, you’ll be able to note which treatment(s) you’ve had.
Are you covered for your pacemaker stopping working?
Yes, our emergency medical treatment extends to your health devices, including repair.
You will be having a heart procedure but you don’t have a date for it. Are you still covered if you can’t go on holiday because of it?
If you add on Waiting List cover, yes you are!
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Tips when you’re travelling with an irregular heartbeat
- First of all, check with your doctor that you are fit to travel.
- You know your body better than anyone. But double check your destination is suitable for your planned activities. For example, some travellers with irregular heartbeat like to avoid destinations with lots of hills, or accommodation with only stairs to use.
- If excessively high or low temperatures (and high altitudes) affect your heart, consider this when booking a holiday. Or ask your doctor for further advice on which climates are best for your condition.
- In the event of an abnormal heart rhythm, take deep, slow breaths, that begin in your abdomen. Doing so can help regulate your heartbeat.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of January 2022.
^Discount applies to the base price of AllClear branded travel insurance policies purchased through our Call Center only and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions or optional extras. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.