Hypothyroidism travel insurance
Hypothyroidism travel insurance covers you if you are living with hypothyroidism and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
‘Patient’ the medical information site, reports that about 2% of all women and about 0.2% of all men in the UK have some form of hypothyroidism . If you’re among this number then you may have found that finding travel insurance is more difficult. At AllClear we can help you find the hypothyroidism travel insurance that you need. We can provide you with a choice of a range of policies tailored to your specific circumstances.
- You can get cover with a supplier that specialises in travel insurance cover for pre-existing medical conditions.
- You can get a quote no matter your age as our AllClear policies have no upper age limit.
- You get a choice of multiple travel insurance providers, so you can compare price and cover, all in one place.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Why do you need hypothyroidism travel insurance?
If you have hypothyroidism then you’ll need to declare this when taking out travel insurance. Even if you believe your condition poses no risk you will need to declare it. This is because if you need to make a medical claim while abroad and you have failed to declare hypothyroidism as a pre-existing medial condition, you could be facing some significant medical bills!
We ask questions to determine how much of a risk your hypothyroidism is. This means we can assure you that your cover and the premiums on offer will be fair and representative of your condition.
What will the quote process for hypothyroidism travel insurance involve?
You’ll first need to give us some basic details about your trip, such as your destination and when you’ll be travelling. Next, you’ll need to declare your hypothyroidism and any other medical conditions you have. We’ll then ask you a few simple questions such as:
- What type of medication do you take for your hypothyroidism?
- Have you been admitted to the hospital in the last year for anything related hypothyroidism?
- Do you have other autoimmune diseases?
- Do you experience shortness of breath or heart palpitations due to your hypothyroidism?
- Have you ever become dizzy or disoriented due to your hypothyroidism?
- Do you experience any memory issues due to your hypothyroidism?
Once you’ve answered these questions, you’ll receive one or more quotes from us for you to review. You can proceed to purchase or save your quote at this point.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Do you need single trip cover or annual multi-trip cover?
With an annual multi-trip policy you’ll be covered for an unlimited number of trips from the UK to your destination for 12 months.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of January 2022.
^Discount applies to the base price of AllClear branded travel insurance policies purchased through our Call Center only and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions or optional extras. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.