IBS travel insurance
IBS travel insurance covers you if you are living with IBS and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
Since launching in 2000, we’ve covered over 1300 different medical conditions. We provide IBS travel insurance to travellers for annual multi-trip and single trip policies. We’ve covered many travellers declaring irritable bowel syndrome as well as other digestive conditions.
With a variety of cover options to choose from, it is important that you get the right cover to suit your needs.
IBS is often a condition that people don’t bother to declare, says Head Nurse, Kay Greveson : “It’s often something which people get used to living with.”
But this is not necessarily the case: “Travelling invariably means a disruption to routine and possibly a change in time zone, so tablets may be delayed or missed altogether. Heat, physical exertion, change in diet or a tummy upset can all have an impact.
So what might be a stable medical condition at home could potentially be a problem abroad that results in a medical emergency claim.”
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
IBS travel insurance and medical screening
We provide a quick and easy to follow screening process saving you both money and time.
The first part of the quote process involves answering questions on your medical history. Remember to declare any medical conditions that you have or have had.
Then, you will receive quotes for your travel insurance with IBS. We offer products from other specialist IBS travel insurance providers as well as AllClear. Different travel insurance providers offer varying levels of cover. So, it is important to review a provider’s policy wording before buying IBS travel cover.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 star rating on Trustpilot
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.