Travel insurance for MND
Motor neurone disease travel insurance covers you if you or a loved one are currently living with motor neurone disease and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
AllClear was launched in 2000 as the first dedicated provider of medical travel insurance in the UK. In the past 16 years, AllClear has covered over 500,000 travellers with a comprehensive travel insurance policy for over 1300 different medical conditions. According to the NHS website, there are about 5000 people living with MND in the UK at any one time. As a specialist provider, we can offer cover if you’re looking for MND travel insurance, whether that is for single trip or annual multi-trip policies.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Why it’s important to have travel insurance with MND
Standard travel insurance policies will often exclude cover for motor neurone disease or will decline you cover, so it’s vital that you declare your condition to a specialist insurance provider so that you have comprehensive travel insurance for MND in place.
If you don’t declare your condition and unfortunately have a medical emergency whilst travelling, you could be left paying an expensive hospital bill, as any claim could be invalidated. In some countries such as Spain and the USA, hospital costs can be extremely high.
Getting a quote for travel insurance with MND
Firstly, you will need to input your personal details and information about your trip. Secondly, you will then declare your motor neurone disease and any other medical conditions that you live with.
Then you will be asked some simple questions related to these conditions (but you will not need to know the names of any of your medications).
The types of questions asked will cover:
- Your type of motor neurone disease.
- Whether you use mobility aids?
- Whether you have ever had any problems with breathing or swallowing.
- Have you had any unplanned hospital admissions in the last year.
Once you have completed these questions, a selection of quotes will appear for you to consider. You have the option to save the quotes (which expire after 7 days) or proceed to make your purchase. At this stage, you can compare the different cover levels and benefits so that you can make an informed choice.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
AllClear gives you choice
At AllClear, we offer our customers genuine choice with our quick and easy online medical screening process, aimed at saving you both money and time. There are also Help Centre and a live chat option available to help you if you need it.
As our AllClear website brings you our own products, as well as products from a range of selected providers, we can offer a range of cover options with genuine choice and fair pricing.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of January 2022.
^Discount applies to the base price of AllClear branded travel insurance policies purchased through our Call Center only and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions or optional extras. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.