Renal travel insurance
Renal travel insurance covers you have lived with renal failure or have recently had surgery and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
If you have had renal failure or surgery, it can sometimes be difficult to find specialist travel insurance. Since our launch in 2000, AllClear has been able to cover over 1300 different medical conditions.
Whether you are looking for travel insurance for renal failure or after renal transplant surgery, AllClear can help you find the most suitable travel insurance for you.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Travel insurance for renal transplant patients
If you have undergone a successful renal transplant, the chances are that you will now have greater flexibility to plan holidays. If that is the case you need to decide what kind of cover will best suit your insurance needs. If you are on a waiting list for a transplant, you might want to consider our optional waiting list cover.
We can offer both single trip and annual multi-trip travel insurance for renal transplant patients. If you plan to take a series of trips after your renal transplant, then a multi-trip policy might be best for you.
You need to start all of your trips in the UK and return to the UK each time too.
Are there any age limits on your renal travel insurance?
We have no upper age limits on our AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies, both single and annual trip.
Travel insurance for renal failure
Renal failure can be a particularly complicated condition. It’s vitally important therefore that you include all relevant information during the screening process. This allows us to give you the most accurate quotes as well as the comprehensive cover you are looking for.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 star rating on Trustpilot
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of January 2022.
^Discount applies to the base price of AllClear branded travel insurance policies purchased through our Call Center only and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions or optional extras. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.