Sciatica travel insurance
Sciatica travel insurance covers you if you are living with sciatica and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
Sciatica is a common medical condition where pain radiates from the lower back, down to the leg. In most cases it goes away naturally within a few weeks although it can last a lot longer. As the specialist provider of medical travel insurance, we are able to offer sciatica travel insurance to those who want and need it.
Since our launch in 2000, we have been able to cover over 1300 different medical conditions.
Why AllClear sciatica travel insurance?
Everyone needs to be insured when they go on holiday even if you never need to make a claim, it’s always important to have the safety net and peace of mind. It is especially important if you have a pre-existing health condition. You must make sure you disclose all the details of your sciatica before you travel. This ensures you get the most appropriate cover for your sciatica.
We want you to make the most of your holiday. By taking out sciatica travel insurance with AllClear, your mind will be at ease should the pain flare up when you are away.
Since most sciatica pain can effectively be treated with painkillers, travel insurance with sciatica could cover the cost of your painkillers if you run out while you are on holiday.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Planning and protecting your holiday abroadThings to know before you go:
- Remember to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for your destination. You will have no cover if you choose to travel against FCDO advice, unless that advice relates specifically to Covid-19 (check our Covid FAQs for more details)
- Check any entry requirements and quarantine requirements for your chosen destination
- Choose a Travel Insurance policy that includes Covid-19 Cover
- For information on how Covid might affect your trip, visit our dedicated FAQs page
Information on travelling with sciatica
At AllClear, we want to ensure that you have the best holiday possible. Here are some things you can do to help yourself when you are travelling with sciatica:
- You may want to book an aisle seat on the plane to give yourself more room.
- Reduce the load in your suitcase, as carrying a heavy bag could exacerbate your pain.
- Bring lots of water – you may need to take painkillers unexpectedly plus staying hydrated is important.
- Speak to the airline company upon arrival at the airport. They can assist you to your gate, or with your bags.
- Seek medical advice before you go and ask about any gentle exercises you can do while away.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of January 2022.
^Discount applies to the base price of AllClear branded travel insurance policies purchased through our Call Center only and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions or optional extras. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.