What Is Travel Insurance for Asthma?
Travel insurance for asthma is a specialist type of cover suitable for individuals with this pre-existing condition. Asthma is a common health condition affecting many in the UK and it’s worth seeking specialist travel insurance to give you peace of mind while travelling. An asthma-specific policy would ensure that you have 24-hour emergency medical assistance if anything triggers an asthma attack, or if your inhaler gets lost or stolen.
The key benefits of asthma cover with AllClear are medical expenses coverage up to £15,000,000, cancellation and curtailment coverage up to £5,000, and personal belongings coverage up to £3,000.
What does an asthma travel insurance policy cover you for?
Whether your asthma is mild or severe, you are still susceptible to an asthma attack. If anything were to trigger an asthma attack whilst on holiday, or if you lost your inhaler or it got stolen, you want to make sure you will have access to a 24-hour emergency medical assistance line from abroad or to claim for any unplanned medical treatment and replacement medication.
Providing you have fully declared your asthma, and any other condition you live with, a comprehensive policy should cover you:
- For mild or severe asthma.
- To use a 24 hour emergency medical assistance line from abroad if something triggers an asthma attack while on holiday or if you lose your inhaler, or encounter any other medical problems.
- To claim for any unplanned medical treatment and replacement medication*.
*Providers will vary, so do check the cover limits of the policy you intend to purchase.
- We understand that the severity of asthma varies – your asthma might be mild, or it might be severe with a history of hospital admissions.
- That’s why the medical screening questions are designed to get the relevant information needed.
- This enables us to offer a range of fairly priced quotes for a policy that meets your specific cover needs.
Key Benefits of Cover
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All conditions. All ages.
Get Quotes in Just 3 Easy Steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 Star Trustpilot Rating
Our customers are confident in the service we provide which is reflected in our 5 star Trustpilot rating.
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
How to Declare Your Asthma
It’s essential to declare your asthma when completing your quote so that you are covered for any asthma related complications you could potentially have while you’re away.
As part of our medical screening process, you’ll be asked to provide information about your previous and current state of health. There are a few easy to answer questions about your personal details and then you move onto the pre-existing medical conditions section where you answer questions on recurring illnesses, on-going or lifelong conditions, previous surgeries and any conditions you’re currently suffering living with.
This information will then be used to determine your premium (the amount of money you pay for your insurance). Our bespoke system then generates a list of suitable quotes from our providers in price order for your review.
What happens if I need to change something regarding my medical situation after I’ve purchased my policy?
If you develop a new medical condition or an existing one deteriorates, don’t panic, you are still able to amend your policy. However, please notify us at the earliest opportunity and in particular before you book or commence your trip.
For changes to your original medical declaration, just call our Customer Care Team and they will make any adjustments. Please note that in some cases an additional premium may be applied to your policy to make these changes. Please check your policy wording as providers may vary.
Annual multi-trip or single trip?
An annual multi-trip policy allows you to travel multiple times within a year. The maximum duration of these trips varies between policies. However, it is usually between 31 to 45 days.
If you need a longer trip duration or, if you only plan on travelling once in the year, then a single trip travel insurance policy may be right for you.
What will affect the price of your policy?
We calculate the premiums you’re displayed using multiple factors. These include age, trip duration, destination and pre-existing medical conditions.
† 3 months FREE and 20% discount offer applies to AllClear Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum annual policies only. Discount only applies to the base premium and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions. Offer expires on 30.06.2020 at 23:59.