Is Travel Insurance to Bali essential?
Bali has so many wonderful things to offer. From the natural picturesque landscapes to beautiful waterfalls, so much so that it is considered to be the “Land of Gods”. So whether you are in for an adventure or you are going on a tranquil retreat it is still essential that you have travel insurance. Travel insurance covers for unforeseen eventualities while you are away.
Anything can go wrong on any holiday and Bali is no different. With travel insurance to fall back on, you can take advantage of the mountain trails, visit the scenic beaches, it will also take care of any anxieties if you have to cancel your trip prior to your departure.
What should your Bali travel insurance include?
Comprehensive travel insurance will cover emergency medical incidents, including repatriation where necessary, cancellation and curtailment as well as loss of any personal belongings.
The level of cover is what you should look at. Since Bali is quite a way away from home, you will need to make sure the cover is enough for your trip. You should not buy a policy based on the price alone. Make sure it is suitable to your needs.
Bali is one of the most expensive islands in Indonesia so you will need a cancellation amount that covers your total cost of your holiday.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000, including for Covid-19
- Up to £15 million emergency medical expenses cover, including for Covid-19
- Up to 30 days FREE extended cover (if due to unexpected circumstances beyond your control)
- Up to £2,000, if medically necessary, for a friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19 (costs for room and to accompany you home)
- Repatriation costs, when medically necessary, to bring you back to the UK where it is deemed to be in your best interests
- Following recovery from Coronavirus, costs for a continued recuperation stay, when medically necessary and under doctors advice
- Costs for your return flight following your enforced stay due to Coronavirus
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000
- All conditions. All ages.
Will you be covered for travel during the Coronavirus pandemic?
To make sure you're covered there are three things to check:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses or cancellation relating to COVID-19, when you have travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. If you’re an existing policyholder, you can read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Travel Restrictions when Travelling to Bali
Due to COVID-19, entry to Indonesia is prohibited by the local government. In addition, the FCDO and WHO advise against all but essential travel to Bali and therefore our policies will not be valid until these restrictions are lifted. It is important to check for updates on the entry requirements for Bali. You will also need a negative COVID-19 test etc prior to your entry to Bali.
For further information on entry requirements to Bali, please visit the FCDO’s travel advice for Indonesia.
Coronavirus and Bali
Once the travel ban is lifted, if you have to quarantine abroad or extend your trip due to contracting the virus, you will have a £2000 claimable amount for reasonable and necessary additional accommodation and travelling expenses, including those of one relative or friend if you have to be accompanied home on medical advice. For more details please see our Coronavirus travel insurance information.
Why Choose AllClear for Travel Insurance
AllClear is committed to providing the best service and policies with our customers at the heart of it. Our friendly and professional consultants are ready to help you talk you through the process and help you in finding the best suitable policy. We provide you with different options of cover and allow you to make the decision as to what is most important to you for your trip, putting you in total control.
Our Trustpilot reviews will give you a better idea as to why so many Brits trust us to keep them protected on their holiday.