Coronary angioplasty travel insurance
Coronary angioplasty travel insurance covers you if you have recently had coronary angioplasty surgery and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
Why should I choose AllClear?
We’re leading specialists in arranging travel insurance for people with a wide range of pre-existing medical conditions.
We’re often able to find comprehensive cover for people who have been turned away elsewhere. We can also provide both single trip and annual multi-trip policies… to almost anywhere in the world. Plus, we’ve got no age limits on our policies.
The main benefits of cover
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000, including for Covid-19
- Up to £15 million emergency medical expenses cover, including for Covid-19
- Up to 30 days FREE extended cover (if due to unexpected circumstances beyond your control)
- Up to £2,000, if medically necessary, for a friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19 (costs for room and to accompany you home)
- Repatriation costs, when medically necessary, to bring you back to the UK where it is deemed to be in your best interests
- Following recovery from Coronavirus, costs for a continued recuperation stay, when medically necessary and under doctors advice
- Costs for your return flight following your enforced stay due to Coronavirus
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000
- All conditions. All ages.
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses or cancellation relating to COVID-19, when you have travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. If you’re an existing policyholder, you can read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Do you really need specialist travel insurance following coronary angioplasty surgery?
You’d be amazed how quickly medical costs can mount up while you’re abroad. If you had an accident or needed medical attention while you were abroad, you might soon find the cost of your holiday shooting up by thousands of pounds.
Even if you feel fine right now, it’s important to be covered for the worst case scenario. Arranging fully comprehensive coronary angioplasty travel insurance means you can enjoy your holiday and feel safe in the knowledge that any medical help you may need will be paid for.
Our policies don’t just cover medical expenses but all the other areas you would want to be covered for, such as cancelling or curtailing your trip, loss of personal property, and missed departures and delays.
Our 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Getting travel insurance to cover coronary angioplasty
Our online quote process is really straightforward. Simply fill in your personal information and tell us whether you want a quote for a single trip or an annual multi-trip policy. Then, you’ll just need to answer our medical screening questions.
The kinds of things we’ll ask you about include:
- The kind of trip you’re planning, where you’re going, and for how long.
- The date of your angioplasty.
- Whether you’ve had heart attacks in the past and if so, when these happened.
- What your symptoms are like.
- Any other medical conditions, such as high blood pressure.
- Your medication, such as how many different pills you take.
- The overall state of your health.
This should take you just a matter of minutes. Everything is online and there’s no need to call us unless you want to. After this, we’ll be able to provide quotes from providers who are able to offer travel insurance to cover coronary angioplasty. We use over 15 years of claims data to accurately assess your medical condition and provide premiums based on levels of risk (these premiums will also take into account the destination you are travelling to and the length of this trip).
Choose a policy and a level of cover you’re happy with and you’re ready to go! Or you can save your quotes and return another time to complete the process. Got all the information you need? Click the button below to get started with your online quote.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Coronary angioplasty travel tips
Going on holiday can be great for your health. That’s why we’ve been helping people with pre-existing medical conditions to explore the world since 2000. You might be nervous about traveling after a coronary angioplasty procedure or perhaps you can’t wait to get going again.
Firstly, it’s important to think about what kind of holiday you’re after. Check out the below coronary angioplasty travel tips for advice on planning your trip.
To fly or not to fly?
It’s important you check with your doctor whether it’s safe for you to travel before you start dreaming of sunshine and palm trees.
Stents don’t even set off security systems at the airport!
Planning your holiday
When travelling with coronary angioplasty, you will probably want to think carefully about the type of holiday you want.
Here’s some more advice on planning the perfect holiday:
- One of the best coronary angioplasty travel tips is to be realistic about how much travelling your body can take. It’s easy to underestimate the impact of long haul travelling for hours and hours – you don’t want to reach your dream destination exhausted.
- Your healthcare team should have warned you about any activities you should avoid. Be sure to check with them again before you travel.
- Avoid heading to countries with very hot or very cold temperatures because this can put extra strain on your heart. The same goes for high altitude destinations.
- Opt for accommodation that’s easy to access and close to amenities.
- Learn some local lingo before you go. Key phrases such as ’emergency’, ‘heart’ and ‘doctor’ may be helpful in an emergency.
Coronary angioplasty travel tips for staying healthy
Having fun is important, but it’ll do you good in the long term to try and stay healthy during your holiday. Here are some things you might need to think about:
- Don’t leave home without your medication and consider whether you should take extra supplies in case you lose some,or if there is a delay on your journey.
- Having a copy of your medical records and a list of your medications with you may come in useful too.
- Stick to your pill taking schedule by planning ahead. Changes in time zones -especially with long haul travel- can get confusing.
- Being on holiday is relaxing but it’s also a great opportunity to work on your cardiac rehabilitation. Follow the advice of your healthcare team but you might want to consider some gentle exercise.
- Try not to overindulge! (Although this is easier said than done). Choose meals low in fat, sugar and salt. Also, keep a bottle of water on you -especially in warm climates- to stay hydrated while you’re exploring.
- Make sure you understand when you should seek emergency medical advice. For example, if you encounter persistent bleeding from your wound, pain, or changes to the arms or leg where your stent was inserted you may require medical advice.
Getting the right travel insurance
Declare your condition to ensure you have full cover whilst travelling with coronary angioplasty. This is as easy as answering a few simple questions on your condition!