Travel insurance with glaucoma
Glaucoma travel insurance covers you if you are living with glaucoma and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
Glaucoma is a common eye conditions in the UK but many people may not realise they have it because it doesn’t always have symptoms in the early stages. Your glaucoma shouldn’t stand in the way of enjoying a holiday in a destination of your choice, so it’s much better to be prepared with specialist glaucoma travel insurance. Here at AllClear, we are pleased to offer specialist travel insurance with glaucoma to help you relax and enjoy your trip away.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Single trip or annual multi-trip travel insurance with glaucoma
Not sure whether to buy single trip or an annual multi-trip policy with glaucoma? That depends on how often you intend to travel throughout the year. If you have lots of trips planned over the 12 months, it would make sense to buy an annual multi-trip travel insurance policy. However, these trips can only be up to 45 days if you are under 70 years of age, and up to 30 days if you are over 70 years of age. Plus, all trips must start and finish in the UK.
If you intend only to travel once within 12 months, then a single trip policy could be more cost effective for you.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Tips for travelling with glaucoma
First of all, if you have any doubts when travelling with glaucoma, you should speak to your doctor and see if they declare you fit to travel.
- Take enough medication to last more days than you are travelling for – you need to prepare for if there is a delay, or unexpected occurrence.
- Ensure you have eye drops in your hand luggage. The air on the plane can be quite dry and you may require these throughout the flight.
- It might be a good idea to set alarms on your phone to remind you when to take your medication if you’re travelling to a new time zone and the times will be different to when you’d normally take it.
Glacuoma Research Foundation: Summertime Tips
International Glaucoma Association: Flying
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.