Haemochromatosis travel insurance: Covering you for the unexpected
Whether you have very high iron levels, or are part of the 1 in 10 individuals that are affected without serious symptoms, we can help with haemochromatosis travel insurance.
If you have haemochromatosis but don’t have any immediate health concerns, you may feel specialist travel insurance is unnecessary – but it is important to make sure that you are fully covered.
The key benefits you can get
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All conditions. All ages.
- Practical and emotional support following a claim through our Redarc service.
- A diverse list of Optional Extras to add, including Travelling Companion, Waiting List, and Winter Sports cover.
All the above figures are per person and per trip.
Frequently asked questions
You can’t find the name of the medical condition on the quote system?
Haemochromatosis is an easy condition to misspell by accident. As a general rule, if you are unable to locate it during the Medical section of your quote, try entering just the first few letters and clicking ‘search’.
You have already declared cardiomyopathy, but the questions for haemochromatosis are asking you about it again?
When you have a medical complication from haemochromatosis, please enter haemochromatosis first and the subsequent questions will link onto declaring the related medical conditions. If you have already declared cirrhosis, cardiomyopathy, liver cancer or diabetes first, please delete them.
Holiday tips for travelling with Haemochromatosis
- By now you will most likely know to avoid foods that contain high levels of iron. But each country and culture might have foods that you’re unfamiliar with. If the menu or container does not state the foods iron levels, it is worth asking the chef or avoiding it altogether.
- Holidays are a time to relax, but keeping your alcohol limit low will help avoid haemochromatosis symptoms.
- Limit intake of vitamin C.
- Do increase intake of turmeric, calcium, magnesium.
- Don’t smoke (or at least try to cut back); tobacco contains high amounts of iron that is directly absorbed by inhalation.
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
† 3 months FREE and 20% discount offer applies to AllClear Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum annual policies only. Discount only applies to the base premium and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions. Offer expires on 14 July 2020 at 23:59.