Haemochromatosis travel insurance: Covering you for the unexpected
Haemochromatosis travel insurance covers you if you are living with haemochromatosis or very high iron levels and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
Whether you have very high iron levels, or are part of the 1 in 10 individuals that are affected without serious symptoms, we can help with haemochromatosis travel insurance.
If you have haemochromatosis but don’t have any immediate health concerns, you may feel specialist travel insurance is unnecessary – but it is important to make sure that you are fully covered.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
- Practical and emotional support following a claim through our Redarc service.
- A diverse list of Optional Extras to add, including Travelling Companion, Waiting List, and Winter Sports cover.
All the above figures are per person and per trip.
Frequently asked questions
You can’t find the name of the medical condition on the quote system?
Haemochromatosis is an easy condition to misspell by accident. As a general rule, if you are unable to locate it during the Medical section of your quote, try entering just the first few letters and clicking ‘search’.
You have already declared cardiomyopathy, but the questions for haemochromatosis are asking you about it again?
When you have a medical complication from haemochromatosis, please enter haemochromatosis first and the subsequent questions will link onto declaring the related medical conditions. If you have already declared cirrhosis, cardiomyopathy, liver cancer or diabetes first, please delete them.
Holiday tips for travelling with Haemochromatosis
- By now you will most likely know to avoid foods that contain high levels of iron. But each country and culture might have foods that you’re unfamiliar with. If the menu or container does not state the foods iron levels, it is worth asking the chef or avoiding it altogether.
- Holidays are a time to relax, but keeping your alcohol limit low will help avoid haemochromatosis symptoms.
- Limit intake of vitamin C.
- Do increase intake of turmeric, calcium, magnesium.
- Don’t smoke (or at least try to cut back); tobacco contains high amounts of iron that is directly absorbed by inhalation.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.