Travel insurance after heart bypass surgery
Heart bypass travel insurance covers you if you have had a heart bypass and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, helping to prevent unexpected medical bills and unnecessary complications that can arise on trips abroad.
AllClear is the specialist in providing travel insurance for people with existing medical conditions, including travel insurance for those following a heart bypass.
Getting a quote is easy; it can be done online through our simple quote process. Once your information has been processed you will be offered a range of quotes from various travel insurance providers who are able to offer you the travel insurance after a heart bypass that you need.
The key benefits you can get
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000, including for Covid-19
- Up to £15 million emergency medical expenses cover, including for Covid-19
- Up to 30 days FREE extended cover (if due to unexpected circumstances beyond your control)
- Up to £2,000, if medically necessary, for a friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19 (costs for room and to accompany you home)
- Repatriation costs, when medically necessary, to bring you back to the UK where it is deemed to be in your best interests
- Following recovery from Coronavirus, costs for a continued recuperation stay, when medically necessary and under doctors advice
- Costs for your return flight following your enforced stay due to Coronavirus
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000
- All conditions. All ages.
Will you be covered for travel during the Coronavirus pandemic?
There are a few things to check first, as it needs to be safe for you to travel to make sure you’re covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses or cancellation relating to COVID-19, when you have travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. If you’re an existing policyholder, you can read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Heart disease travel insurance: The facts
Flying after surgery
You will need to speak to your GP after surgery to ensure it’s safe for you to fly once you’ve made a full recovery. Once you’ve been given the all clear, it’s important to take appropriate precautions to make sure you can travel as safely and as comfortably as possible to your destination.
Plan out your trip a few weeks in advance keeping in mind that although you may have fully recovered, it’s still important to take it easy.
For your own comfort, it might be best to arrange an aisle seat and priority boarding so that you are able to board the plane without having to fight the crowds. Having an aisle seat means you’ll be able to easily walk around the plane during the flight.
Getting up and walking around on a flight is especially important after heart bypass surgery as you may be more susceptible to Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). Wearing in-flight compression stockings is also advised to reduce the risk of DVT.
Our 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Medication while travelling after your heart bypass
When you speak to your GP, ensure they know all the details of your trip so they are able to give you enough medication to last you. You might need extra medication in case any gets damaged whilst travelling or you’re caught up with any delays. Always pack your heart medications in your hand luggage in case your hold bags become lost during your travels.
Relax and enjoy yourself
After a major operation, a relaxing holiday could be the best thing for your body to relax and recover. Take it easy and enjoy your time away. Remember to take appropriate health precautions as you would do at home – staying hydrated and eating healthily are essential to maintaining your wellbeing. Travel insurance with heart bypass will help you relax and enjoy your holiday knowing you’re fully covered.