Travel insurance after heart bypass surgery
If you’ve been suffering from coronary heart disease or angina, your doctor may suggest a heart bypass to improve the flow of blood to the heart. If after your surgery you begin to think about travelling somewhere on holiday for some much needed rest and relaxation, travel insurance after heart bypass surgery could be hard to find.
AllClear is the specialist in providing travel insurance for people with existing medical conditions, ensuring you get to travel abroad knowing you’re fully covered for your medical conditions. This includes travel insurance for those following a heart bypass.
Getting a quote is easy; it can be done online through our simple quote process. Once your information has been processed you will be offered a range of quotes from various travel insurance providers who are able to offer you the travel insurance after a heart bypass that you need.
The key benefits you can get
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All ages. All medical conditions. All destinations.
Heart disease travel insurance: The facts
Flying after surgery
You will need to speak to your GP after surgery to ensure it’s safe for you to fly once you’ve made a full recovery. Once you’ve been given the all clear, it’s important to take appropriate precautions to make sure you can travel as safely and as comfortably as possible to your destination.
Plan out your trip a few weeks in advance keeping in mind that although you may have fully recovered, it’s still important to take it easy.
For your own comfort, it might be best to arrange an aisle seat and priority boarding so that you are able to board the plane without having to fight the crowds. Having an aisle seat means you’ll be able to easily walk around the plane during the flight.
Getting up and walking around on a flight is especially important after heart bypass surgery as you may be more susceptible to Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). Wearing in-flight compression stockings is also advised to reduce the risk of DVT.
Our 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then select the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesA summary of the quotes offered will then be provided for you to review. You can save your quotes or proceed to purchase at this stage.
Medication while travelling after your heart bypass
When you speak to your GP, ensure they know all the details of your trip so they are able to give you enough medication to last you. You might need extra medication in case any gets damaged whilst travelling or you’re caught up with any delays. Always pack your heart medications in your hand luggage in case your hold bags become lost during your travels.
Relax and enjoy yourself
After a major operation, a relaxing holiday could be the best thing for your body to relax and recover. Take it easy and enjoy your time away. Remember to take appropriate health precautions as you would do at home – staying hydrated and eating healthily are essential to maintaining your wellbeing. Travel insurance with heart bypass will help you relax and enjoy your holiday knowing you’re fully covered.