High Cholesterol Travel Insurance: Covering You for the Unexpected
High cholesterol travel insurance covers you if you’re living with high cholesterol and wish to travel with confidence. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
When going on holiday, you may not take into account the fact that you have high cholesterol levels – or need high cholesterol travel insurance. However, the higher your blood’s cholesterol level, the greater your risk of having coronary heart disease becomes. Coronary heart disease is the single most common cause of death before 65, accounting for 16% male and 10% female deaths in Europe.
Therefore, whilst your holiday will most likely be plain sailing, having specialist travel insurance can be a vital addition to your holiday preparations. Making sure that if any unexpected medical emergencies arise when you’re abroad, you’ll receive the treatment you need – and be able to claim back the costs of your holiday and medical bills.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
What Level Counts as High Cholesterol?
Figuring out how high is too high
You may be reading this article looking to discover if you need to declare high cholesterol travel insurance at all. The truth is, that what counts as a high level of cholesterol in your blood depends upon your doctor’s opinion. Which in turn, is based upon what cholesterol level is considered dangerous for your body. For example, a doctor will want a patient who has diabetes to have a lower cholesterol level compared to a non-diabetic patient. If you are unsure at all on whether you have high cholesterol, it is always best to consult your doctor.
However, even if your cholesterol level has never been raised following a blood test, if you have been prescribed medication for your cholesterol you will need to enter ‘cholesterol levels’ during the Medical section of your quote. Please rest assured that if your cholesterol level has never been raised in your doctor’s opinion, you will be able to state so in the questions about your cholesterol levels.
Your cholesterol level have caused you to have coronary heart disease. Can you still get a quote?
Yes, we are happy to quote you for any pre-existing medical condition you have.
You still take medication for high cholesterol but your levels are now low. Can you answer ‘no’ to having a high reading of cholesterol?
Our question for cholesterol asks if you ‘have ever had a reading of high cholesterol after a blood test’. Please still select ‘yes’ if your cholesterol was raised in the past.
Do you need to tell us about the names of your medication?
No, you only need to declare the name of your medical condition: high cholesterol.
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Travelling Tips If You Have High Cholesterol
Study your menu
- Even if you’re at a fast food restaurant, they have to provide nutrition information for the food they offer. This means you can look out for the healthier choices more than ever. What’s more, there’s plenty of calorie-counting phone apps for the tech savvy. We’re sure you know that fruits, salads, vegetables, organic and whole grain foods are examples of healthier options, but if you’re not up-to-date on the local cuisine of your destination, it may be best to do a bit of research in advance.
Bring fibre supplements
- When travelling to a new location, and often snacking, it can be difficult to get the fiber you need. But fiber plays an important role in helping you control your cholesterol levels. Packing a fiber supplement containing psyllium and oat fiber can solve this problem, as including these fibers in a heart-healthy diet has shown great results for managing cholesterol levels.
- In the continuing aim of reducing your cholesterol levels, you might want to consider a holiday where you can remain active. For example, making use of a resorts tennis courts or swimming pool is a great way to enjoy the sun while you stay fit.
Very helpful staff took me through the application process. I was a little anxious as I needed to declare several pre- existing medical conditions as a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic, with associated medication to prevent both high blood pressure and high cholesterol. With everything declared and accepted I was happy to take out an annual travel insurance policy at a very competitive price. I would certainly recommend this Company to anyone with pre-existing medical conditions requiring peace of mind. Thank you AllClear Travel. Andrew – Trustpilot
Our 5 Star Trustpilot Rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.