IBS travel insurance
IBS travel insurance covers you if you are living with IBS and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
Since launching in 2000, we’ve covered over 1300 different medical conditions. We provide IBS travel insurance to travellers for annual multi-trip and single trip policies. We’ve covered many travellers declaring irritable bowel syndrome as well as other digestive conditions.
With a variety of cover options to choose from, it is important that you get the right cover to suit your needs.
The key benefits you can get
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000, including for Covid-19
- Up to £15 million emergency medical expenses cover, including for Covid-19
- Up to 30 days FREE extended cover (if due to unexpected circumstances beyond your control)
- Up to £2,000, if medically necessary, for a friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19 (costs for room and to accompany you home)
- Repatriation costs, when medically necessary, to bring you back to the UK where it is deemed to be in your best interests
- Following recovery from Coronavirus, costs for a continued recuperation stay, when medically necessary and under doctors advice
- Costs for your return flight following your enforced stay due to Coronavirus
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000
- All conditions. All ages.
Am I covered for travel in the Coronavirus pandemic?
There are a few things to check first, as it needs to be safe for you to travel to make sure you’re covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses or cancellation relating to COVID-19, when you have travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. If you’re an existing policyholder, you can read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
IBS travel insurance and medical screening
We provide a quick and easy to follow screening process saving you both money and time.
The first part of the quote process involves answering questions on your medical history. Remember to declare any medical conditions that you have or have had.
Then, you will receive quotes for your travel insurance with IBS. We offer products from other specialist IBS travel insurance providers as well as AllClear. Different travel insurance providers offer varying levels of cover. So, it is important to review a provider’s policy wording before buying IBS travel cover.