Comprehensive mental illness travel insurance
When we think about medical conditions, the first thing that comes to mind for many is physical health. Thankfully times are changing, as increasingly everyone recognises the importance of mental health to our well being. This importance also carries over to your travel insurance. We’re proud to say none of our policies exclude mental illness from cover. Instead, we only provide mental illness travel insurance which can cover all of your medical conditions in full, and importantly, with a fair premium.
The advantages of mental illness travel insurance
- All mental illness conditions considered.
- 24-hour medical emergency helpline.
- Medical emergency expenses of up to £15,000,000.
- Up to £1,000 Medical inconvenience benefit for when you are in hospital as an in-patient.
- No age limit.
- Cancellation cover of up to £5,000.
- Personal belongings cover of up to £5,000.
We’re pleased to state all these figures are per person and per trip.
Frequently asked questions
Do you always need to declare your mental illness?
Yes, even if you no longer require treatment. However, please rest assured that during the Medical section of you quote, you will be able to accurately reflect your current health by answering a few short questions.
What if you need to declare more than one mental illness?
Declaring more than one mental illness is completely fine! We recognise that mental illness is incredibly broad and varies in its symptoms and severities.
What happens if your state of health changes after buying your policy?
If you require any unexpected medical treatment while you are abroad, for a new or pre-existing condition, you are entitled to the full benefits of cover.
If there is a change in your state of health before you travel, you must tell us at the earliest opportunity. To change your original medical declaration, you simply need to call our Customer Care Team on 01708 339029 – and they will be happy to make any adjustments. You should also note that in some instances an additional premium may be applied to your policy to keep your cover in place.
Is your travelling partner covered for cancellation if you need to come home early?
We’re pleased to say that any other travelling member listed on your policy is covered for cancellation if you need to come home early.
If they have a separate travel insurance provider, you can still seek to add Travelling Companion cover.
How is your premium calculated?
Your premium is primarily based upon your destination, trip duration, age and pre-existing medical conditions. Importantly, the level of benefits being offered to you as well. That’s why we offer a wide range of policies to suit your needs. What’s more, we are continually reviewing and analysing all of our claims data to ensure the premiums we offer are fair and accurate.
Our 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then select the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesA summary of the quotes offered will then be provided for you to review. You can save your quotes or proceed to purchase at this stage.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Tips to improve your travel plans
- If you need any support while abroad, tell people about your medical condition. Mental illness is more prevalent than you might think, for example, the World Health Organisation reported that one in four people will be affected by a type of neurological disorder within their lifetime. Your Medical Emergency Assistance Team is available 24 hours a day – 7 days a week, whenever you need them.
- Avoid triggers of your condition by planning ahead.
- Are you unsure of your diagnosis? Make sure you check with your doctor before getting your travel insurance – it is vital that your mental illness is listed correctly.
- Embrace your travel experience! Many studies have confirmed travel can benefit our mental health. A study by Cornell University even discovered that we get more happiness from anticipating a travel experience than buying a new possession. Get your mental illness travel insurance in place early, so that you can focus on having the best trip!