Travel insurance with migraine cover
Migraine travel insurance covers you if you are living with migraines as well as the various symptoms of migraines and wish to travel with peace of mind. This type of insurance covers you for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent unexpected medical bills and give you the support you need if you have any medical problems while you are away.
Symptoms of a migraine could include nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light plus they can last several hours and even days. If you suffer from migraines, then you are certainly not alone. Globally, approximately 12% of people are affected by migraines. Here at AllClear, we understand your need for migraine travel insurance and as the specialists in medical travel insurance, we are able to offer this cover.
The key benefits you can get
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000, including for Covid-19
- Up to £15 million emergency medical expenses cover, including for Covid-19
- Up to 30 days FREE extended cover (if due to unexpected circumstances beyond your control)
- Up to £2,000, if medically necessary, for a friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19 (costs for room and to accompany you home)
- Repatriation costs, when medically necessary, to bring you back to the UK where it is deemed to be in your best interests
- Following recovery from Coronavirus, costs for a continued recuperation stay, when medically necessary and under doctors advice
- Costs for your return flight following your enforced stay due to Coronavirus
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000
- All conditions. All ages.
Will you be covered for travel during the Coronavirus pandemic?
To make sure you're covered there are three things to check:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses or cancellation relating to COVID-19, when you have travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. If you’re an existing policyholder, you can read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Travel cover for migraine
It is crucial that you declare all medical conditions, including migraine, before going on holiday so that you do not invalidate any claims. AllClear provides medical travel insurance for over 1300 medical conditions and have been doing so since 2000.
Frequently asked questions
Will declaring migraine on travel insurance increase your premium?
Your premium is calculated based on many factors including your medical conditions, trip length, choice of destination and age. Your premium will reflect these factors to ensure you’re fully covered.
Why doesn’t migraine travel insurance come up in the search results?
Try typing the first four letters in and hitting “search”. Your condition will then appear in a list of others and from there you can select it. If you are still having trouble finding your condition, look at our help article How to find your medical condition.