Holiday cover for mouth cancer
If you have cancer of the mouth or tongue, proper travel insurance that covers your condition will offer extra peace of mind and should be one of the things you think about when planning a trip.
Features of an AllClear policy
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All conditions. All ages.
Do you need travel insurance if you have mouth cancer?
Travel insurance for a medical condition is there to help you should anything go wrong while you’re on holiday. This includes everything from essential medical treatment to being flown back to the UK in an emergency.
It’s unlikely you’ll need to use your policy, but without it, you could be left with a massive bill if you need treatment abroad.
You can also get cover that will compensate you should you have to cancel, cut short, or if you have to spend time in a hospital while on holiday because of your mouth cancer. If you have family, friends or carers travelling with you, they can be added to your policy so they too can make a claim.
To get cover for mouth cancer, you need to declare it, as well as any other conditions you may have when purchasing your insurance.
Get online quotes in 3 simple steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our medical screening process
Medical screening is a straightforward process with AllClear. When you apply for your quote, we ask you to fill in a questionnaire and provide some details about your medical conditions. It often helps to have all the information relevant to your condition, such as letters from doctors, nearby when applying.
Here are a few ample questions we often ask:
- Has the cancer spread and where has it spread to?
- When were you diagnosed with cancer?
- Have you had any surgery to remove a tumour?
- Are you receiving any treatment currently or is treatment planned?
- Are you taking any medication?
If you’d prefer to talk to us, call our UK call centre free on 0808 169 2238, any day of the week. Our Help Centre and Live Chat services are also available to answer some of the questions you may have.
Common questions about oral cancer and holiday insurance
Will you provide cover if my mouth cancer has spread?
We consider covering all medical conditions, including when a cancer spreads. If your doctor has said you’re well enough to travel, you will need to declare the cancer and whether it has spread to other parts of your body as well as provide information on treatment you are receiving during our medical screening process.
If my medical condition changes, will you still provide cover?
You will need to update us if there are any changes to your condition – these changes may mean an additional premium needs to be paid. If your condition has changed and you can’t travel as result, you can make a claim as long as you declared your condition when you first bought your policy and you are within the cover period.
I’ve been in remission following tongue cancer for several years, do I need to declare this ?
Yes, because even if it was a few years ago, declaring the condition helps us ensure you get an appropriate level of cover so we can help should something go wrong.
Will you still cover me if I’ve had surgery?
Once you are fully discharged from the surgery and declared fit to travel, you can apply for a quote. Make sure you declare the surgery in the medical screening process which will need to be accepted and any additional premium paid.
Tips for travelling with mouth cancer
Get the all clear from your doctor before travelling
- Travelling against the advice of your doctor will void your policy and it’s important to prioritise your health above all else
Carry plenty of medication with you
- Take enough medication in your hand luggage to cover the duration of your trip in your hand luggage. You may need to apply for medication licenses from your medical professional, especially if you’re taking strong painkillers. You should do this well in advance
Research nearby facilities
- Do a bit of research on the medical facilities at or near your destinations(s) to make sure they can treat you for any potential medical emergencies
Apply for an EHIC
- The European Health Insurance Card give you access to free or reduced rate healthcare in most EU countries and most travel insurers require you to have one. You can apply for an EHIC on the NHS website
Keep documents safe and back them up
- Carry your travel insurance documents, EHIC and passport with you at all times and keep back-up copies and pictures at home and on your phone or table
Take care in the sun
- Chemotherapy drugs can make your skin more sensitive to the sun. It’s important to apply plenty of sun cream, wear a hat and loose clothes and stick to the shade in the hottest parts of the day to protect your skin
Think about vaccinations
- Your immune system can be weakened by some types of cancer treatment and surgery and this may mean that you cannot have certain vaccinations necessary for travel to some destinations. Speak to a health professional about your plans, and they can provide you with the best advice
- There are many things that could effect your health that need to considered, for example, if you have a low white blood cell count you are at greater risk of contracting viruses
Why more than 2.8 million people have chosen AllClear
AllClear has helped over 2.8 million customers with medical conditions find travel insurance to suit their needs.
“Post cancer it can be hard to relate all the medical issues back when getting travel insurance. AllClear make it easy to answer and give you the time.”
Georgerb – TrustPilot
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
We hope you found this guide helpful and enjoy your holiday!
If you’d like to start quote, click the quote now button below.
† 3 months FREE and 20% discount offer applies to AllClear Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum annual policies only. Discount only applies to the base premium and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions. Offer expires on 14 July 2020 at 23:59.