Osesoporosis travel insurance
The National Osteoporosis Society estimate that 1 in 2 women and 1 in 5 men over the age of 50 will break a bone as a result of osteoporosis. So, whether you have early signs of osteoporosis or you’ve had the condition for many years, specialist travel insurance is vital if you’re planning a holiday abroad.
At AllClear we specialise in travel cover for pre-existing medical conditions. This means we can offer a range of osteoporosis travel insurance options. So, you can enjoy your holiday knowing you’re covered with a pre-existing medical condition travel insurance specialist.
Our travel insurance for osteoporosis provides cover for*:
- A 24 hour emergency helpline for when you’re abroad. This can assist you with any medical emergency including any relating to osteoporosis.
- Any unplanned medical treatment you may need while abroad.
- Replacement medication if yours is lost or damaged.
*Providers will vary, so do check the cover limits of the policy you intend to purchase.
- We’ve been helping people with osteoporosis to travel abroad with peace of mind since 2000! That makes AllClear a true specialist in travel insurance for people with osteoporosis.
- You can find a quote in minutes by using our simple online quote process. You can also phone our dedicated Customer Care Team.
- Our AllClear policies have no upper age limit. So, you can find a quote no matter your age!
- You can use our online comparison site to compare premiums and coverage. That means you can find the osteoporosis travel insurance policy that’s right for you.
The key benefits you can get
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All conditions. All ages.
Frequently asked questions
What will affect the price of your policy?
We determine the price of your policy on many factors. These include: where you’re travelling to, how long you’ll be there, your age as well as any other medical conditions you may have.
Single trip policy or annual multi-trip policy?
If you’re going on two or more trips in a year you may benefit from purchasing an annual multi-trip policy. An osteoporosis annual multi-trip travel insurance policy offers cover for unlimited tripsfrom the UK to your holiday destination within a year. The maximum duration for these trips varies between policies but is typically between 31 to 45 days.
If you need a longer trip duration or if you only plan on travelling once within a year, then a single trip travel insurance policy may better suit your needs.
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Tips for travelling with osteoporosis
If you have osteoporosis, then you’ll be aware of the risks and problems that can arise as a result of the condition. Because of this, the idea of travelling abroad may be daunting. However, providing you take the right precautions and preparations, you can keep safe and avoid issues while travelling. This means you can enjoy your holiday while managing your osteoporosis.
Big Tick’s osteoporosis travel tips
- Travelling abroad should not pose too much of an issue. Airline travel, train travel and cruises should all be suitable for someone with osteoporosis. Travel operators will also try to accommodate any requirements you need regarding your osteoporosis. This includes any mobility issues you may have. Travelling by ferry may pose a problem if seas are rocky. However, providing you have secure seating and assistance if necessary, ferry travel is also possible.
- If possible travelling with someone who can offer assistance if you need it could make your journey easier.
- Carrying luggage can be a concern for some people with osteoporosis. If carrying luggage is something that concerns you then there are companies that organise your luggage to be picked up from your home and taken to the airport. This can take a lot of the strain out of travelling abroad.
- Coach travel is also sometimes favoured by people with osteoporosis. This is because of the benefit of having luggage loaded and unloaded for you.
- If you have suffered a fall, fracture or broken bones, speak to your GP regarding long distance travelling. It may not be suitable in some cases and they may advise waiting until you’ve healed fully before taking a trip. Travel should be avoided until your GP is happy you can tolerate any additional stress or strain and are fit for travel.
Location and osteoporosis
- Try travelling somewhere with good infrastructure. Also, if you have mobility issues be sure the location has good accessibility. Well maintained pathways and roads will help ensure you’re not putting unnecessary strain on yourself. Travelling somewhere familiar can also be a good idea.
- Playing sport can put you at risk of injury. So, it could be important to be realistic about the severity of your osteoporosis and the level of risk an activity poses.
- Drinking alcohol is also very common when on holiday. While it’s still fine to enjoy a drink, it may be worth thinking about how much you can drink without risking losing balance. Drinking too much could lead to accident or injury.
- Be sure to wear the appropriate footwear with non-slip soles, and ensure you take extra care on any excursions or activities. If you are unstable on your feet and plan on sightseeing, ensure you have a wheelchair with you, or use a walker or walking stick for added stability.
- If you’re travelling abroad with osteoporosis then getting specialist osteoporosis travel insurance is important.
For more information read Health Talk’s article on osteoporosis.
† 3 months FREE and 20% discount offer applies to AllClear Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum annual policies only. Discount only applies to the base premium and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions. Offer expires on 14 July 2020 at 23:59.