Comprehensive Travel Insurance for Paris
Travel insurance for Paris insurance covers you for medical emergencies, which is essential if you wish to prevent any unexpected medical bills.
Paris is one of the most romantic cities in Europe, filled with culture, historical architecture and art – it’s easy to see why it is known as the ‘City of Love’. It overflows with fashion and food and is one of the most visited cities in the world.
If you’re planning to visit Paris, whether it’s your first time or hundredth – you’ll want to ensure your trip is a care-free trip, so take out travel insurance you can trust.
AllClear policies provide cover for up to £15 million for emergency medical expenses, including enhanced Covid-19 cover.
Do you need Travel Insurance for Paris?
In a post-COVID-19 world, travel insurance is more important than ever. Although Paris isn’t far from the UK, it can still be costly should you need any treatment while you’re away. It’s therefore vital that you’re fully covered.
Comprehensive travel insurance should include:
- High levels of cover for medical bills – even those related to COVID-19 and for repatriation, should you need to be returned to the UK as a result of a medical problem.
- Cancellation and curtailment cover in case an emergency prevents you from going on holiday or means you have to cut it short.
- Baggage and Possessions Cover – should your items be lost, damaged or stolen while you’re travelling.
Benefits of AllClear Cover
|Emergency medical expenses and Repatriation costs||Up to £10m||Up to £15m||Up to £15m|
|Cancellation* and Curtailment||Up to £2k||Up to £15k||Up to £25k|
|Extended cover||30 days FREE||30 days FREE||30 days FREE|
|Friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19||Up to £2k||Up to £2k||Up to £2k|
|Travel Delay||Up to £100||Up to £350||Up to £500|
|Cost of return flight due to COVID-19|
|Personal Belongings||Up to £2k||Up to £2.5k||Up to £3k|
|Personal liability||Up to £2m||Up to £2m||Up to £2m|
|Legal protection cover||Up to £50k||Up to £50k||Up to £100k|
|* If you buy a policy which includes cancellation cover|
|All these figures are per person and per trip|
Will you be covered if you’re travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic?
There are three things to check so that you can make sure you're covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCDO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination - check the FCDO travel advice
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses and cancellation for a positive diagnosis of COVID-19, with AllClear travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. Existing policyholders should read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Get Your Quote in Three Simple Steps
Simple 3 step quote process
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Tips for Travelling to Paris
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office Travel Advice
Following the COVID-19 outbreak, you should check the FCDO website for the latest travel updates about France before booking or travelling to your chosen destination.
112 is one of the emergency numbers in Paris and across France.
The national emergency numbers are:
15 – medical emergency
17 – police
18 – fire brigade
In Paris, you will find most people speak the National Language of French. In tourist destinations you will also find people fluent in English.
The currency used in Paris and across France is the Euro.
Driving can be an amazing way to experience France. However, Paris, unlike other cities around the world, has no stop signs.
If you wish to drive through Paris and around France you will need the following;
- A full, valid UK driving licence is required
- You must be 18 or over to drive in France
- A GB sticker to display in the rear windscreen and your motor insurance certificate
- A warning triangle and reflective jacket for use in a breakdown. Without these, you risk being fined around €90
Headlamp converters (for driving on the right) are compulsory to prevent dazzling drivers coming the other way
Why More Than 3 Million People Have Chosen AllClear
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions About Paris Travel Insurance
How much is Travel Insurance for Paris?
Travel Insurance to Paris will vary in terms of cost from person to person. This is due to the fact that travel insurance is based on an individual’s medical conditions and age, as well the duration time of each trip.
Is Paris expensive to visit?
Paris can be an expensive place to visit, with the average daily cost at around €162. However, there are plenty of ways to cut costs by planning your activities and meals in advance.
How many days do you need in Paris?
Although Paris is considered a small city, squeezed into a 40-mile square radius, it is a beautiful city with plenty to do and see. So, four days is considered ideal for the perfect weekend city break.
How long does it take from Paris to London on Eurostar?
Although journey time may vary – depending on which one you decide to catch – most Eurostar trains will take you to Paris in only 2hrs 16mins.
 Based on Trustpilot reviews of all companies in the Travel Insurance Company category that have over 25,000 reviews as of May 2021.