What is pregnancy holiday insurance?
If you’re pregnant and want to travel, you’ll probably be thinking about travel insurance. Pregnancy holiday insurance covers claims for emergency medical expenses or cancellations until the beginning of your 32nd week of pregnancy (24th week for multiple pregnancy). The purpose of pregnancy holiday insurance is to cover any unforeseen events, including bodily injury or illness.
The key benefits of pregnancy holiday insurance from AllClear are medical expenses coverage up to £15,000,000, cancellation and curtailment coverage up to £5,000, and personal belongings coverage up to £3,000.
Can I travel whilst pregnant?
Yes. We will cover claims for emergency medical expenses, or cancellations until the beginning of the 32nd week of your pregnancy (24th week for multiple pregnancy). Read on to find out more about our pregnancy cover.
How does pregnancy travel insurance protect me?
The purpose of travel insurance is to provide cover for unforeseen events, including unforeseen bodily injury or illness. Most travel insurance providers do not, however, consider pregnancy and/or normal childbirth to be either an unforeseen event or illness. Consequently, you will not be able to declare pregnancy and/or pregnancy related conditions in our screening process.
Most providers will nevertheless cover pregnancy and/or pregnancy related conditions up to a specified number of weeks for both single or multiple pregnancies.
For AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies, pregnancy is not considered a medical condition. Therefore, you won’t need to declare your pregnancy or any pregnancy related complications such as pre-eclampsia, gestational hypertension, and toxaemia.
If you’re pregnant or have a pregnancy related complication, you’ll be fully covered under your policy provided if:
- On the return date of your trip, you are no more than 32 weeks pregnant (24 weeks for a multiple pregnancy).
- Your doctor and midwife are aware of your travel plans, and you are not travelling against medical advice.
- You have complied with all requirements of any transport providers.
- You will still need to declare any other pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
- Save time by comparing quotes all in one place.
- Expertise in travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions.
- You can get your quote online.
- We include quotes from a wide variety of insurance providers.
- There’s no upper age limit on our AllClear policies.
- Any medical conditions covered.
What we cover!
- Medical emergency expenses.
- Cancellation/cutting short your trip.
- Personal property.
- Missed departure/travel delay.
- Winter sports.
- Golf cover.
The key benefits you can get
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All conditions. All ages.
Frequently asked questions
Do you need to declare that your pregnant?
No. Pregnancy is not considered a medical condition; therefore you will not need to declare pregnancy for an AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policy.
What if you have a pregnancy related complication?
Cover is provided for claims relating to complications arising from pregnancy and childbirth, which are listed in our policy booklet. You will not need to declare the complication when completing the screening process. You will be covered provided you comply with all other requirements of pregnancy as detailed in the policy booklet.
If your complication is not listed, please contact us on Live Chat for further help.
Is child birth covered?
No, we can only provide medical cover for unforeseen bodily injury or illness. Childbirth is not considered to be either unforeseen or an illness or injury. Therefore, on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies we can only provide travel insurance for pregnancy if, on your return date, you are no more than 32 weeks pregnant.
What if you're looking at a policy other than an AllClear Gold or Gold Plus policy?
You will need to refer to the pregnancy information within the policy booklet. The table below may help you identify where this information can be found.
Annual multi-trip or single trip?
An annual multi-trip policy allows you to travel multiple times within a year. The maximum duration of these trips varies between policies. However, it is usually between 31 to 45 days.
If you need a longer trip duration or, if you only plan on travelling once in the year, then a single trip travel insurance policy may be right for you.
What will affect the price of your policy?
We calculate the premiums you’re displayed using multiple factors. These include age, trip duration, destination and pre-existing medical conditions.
Provider Page in policy booklet*
*Please note that this table is correct as of 30/09/2016
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 star rating on Trustpilot
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
† 3 months FREE and 20% discount offer applies to AllClear Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum annual policies only. Discount only applies to the base premium and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions. Offer expires on 14 July 2020 at 23:59.