Specialist travel insurance from AllClear
Specialist travel insurance is designed to cover your medical conditions, unlike many standard policies. This type of travel insurance gives you peace of mind if have medical conditions and wish to travel. You will then be covered for medical emergencies, even those related to COVID-19, which is vital to prevent any unexpected medical bills while you’re away.
Many standard travel insurers have no appetite to offer specialist holiday insurance cover beyond a certain age and where medical conditions are involved, a fact recognised by AllClear when it launched 16 years ago.
In that time we have offered cover for over 1300 medical conditions and can rightly be described as travel insurance specialists.
Knowledge and choice
In 2010, AllClear became the first company to launch an online comparison website for specialist holiday insurance cover. A select panel of other travel insurance specialists were invited to join our panel of providers so we can truly offer the widest possible choice and a range of prices from those who most understand the cover needs of the customer.
Annual multi-trip or single trip specialist travel insurance?
We offer both variations and you need to consider carefully what best suits your needs.
If you have a number of planned trips over a 12 month period then annual multi-trip specialist holiday insurance is likely to be your best option.
There are some important elements of an annual multi-trip policy that you need to be aware of.
Maximum trip lengths vary by age and by the provider. It is important that before purchasing your specialist travel insurance that you check the maximum trip lengths for the provider you wish to select. AllClear annual multi-trip products have a maximum trip length of 31 days if you are 70 and over and 45 days if you under 70.
Additionally, all of your planned holidays or trips must originate and finish in the UK.
Where you may only have one holiday planned or a small number of short trips, then single trip travel insurance cover is likely to be a more suitable option.
It can also be a viable option if you plan an extended stay in one location – trip lengths in this scenario can be up to 92 days.
Is age a factor?
AllClear prides itself on being an inclusive brand. Our mission is to provide specialist travel insurance regardless of condition, age or destination.
During our relatively quick and easy to follow screening process you will be required to input your age but only those specialist travel insurance providers who offer cover for the age you have given will display prices.
Key benefits of cover
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000, including for Covid-19
- Up to £15 million emergency medical expenses cover, including for Covid-19
- Up to 30 days FREE extended cover (if due to unexpected circumstances beyond your control)
- Up to £2,000, if medically necessary, for a friend or relative to travel from your home area to stay with you if you fall ill with Covid-19 (costs for room and to accompany you home)
- Repatriation costs, when medically necessary, to bring you back to the UK where it is deemed to be in your best interests
- Following recovery from Coronavirus, costs for a continued recuperation stay, when medically necessary and under doctors advice
- Costs for your return flight following your enforced stay due to Coronavirus
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000
- All conditions. All ages.
Are you covered for travel in the pandemic?
There are a few things to check first, as it needs to be safe for you to travel to make sure you’re covered:
- You must be fit to travel
- The FCO must NOT have advised against travel to your destination
- You must follow the local government advice for your destination, checking and following their guidelines and entry requirements
You can then be covered for emergency medical expenses or cancellation relating to COVID-19, when you have travel insurance with enhanced Coronavirus cover. If you’re an existing policyholder, you can read our Frequently Asked Questions if your trip is affected by Covid-19.
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
We strive to ensure that we can deliver the widest possible choice for as many different medical conditions as possible. We believe we can genuinely say we are travel insurance specialists but don’t take our word for it.
Our customers are regularly invited to review both our service and products and we have currently received over 50,000 Trustpilot reviews.
We take our feedback seriously and monitor the reviews in order to continuously improve our customers’ experience.
AllClear is currently rated an outstanding five-stars with a TrustScore of 4.8 out of 5!
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
AllClear Benefits Compared With Other Providers
|This table shows how AllClear Travel Insurance compares to other providers||AllClear||Staysure||Avanti||Saga|
|5-star Trustpilot reviews||82%||77%||77%||71%|
|5-star Defaqto rated|
|Good Housekeeping endorsement|
|Established for 20+ years|
|Maximum cancellation cover||£25k||£15k||£7.5k||£10k|
|Minimum standard excess||£0||£65||£0||£70|
|Baggage delay benefit after 12 hours||£250||£0||£75||£250|
|Number of product choices||4||2||3||1|
|No age limits|
|Travel companion cover|
|Terminal conditions cover|
|Admin fee for cancelling during the cooling off period||£0||£25||£25||£0|
|Refund provided outside of cooling off period|
|Claims paid within 5 working days||100%||95%||N/A||N/A|