Find TIA insurance with AllClear
TIA, short for transient ischemic attack and otherwise known as a mini stroke, each year affects 46,000 people in the UK for the first time. TIA can cause more serious complications in the future, making comprehensive travel insurance vital if you are going on holiday.
Here at AllClear we specialise in providing cover for pre-existing medical conditions including TIA. A policy tailored specifically to your needs will provide cover should anything unexpected happen while you’re abroad.
Do you need travel insurance for TIA?
The simple answer is yes. Having a TIA raises your risk factor of having a stroke, so you need comprehensive travel insurance to cover you for any medical emergency while you’re away.
AllClear’s specialist policies can cover you for up to £15M if you suffer a stroke and need medical attention while abroad. You’ll also be covered in case your trip is cut short and you need to return back to the UK, and so will the other travelling members of your party if they’re insured on the same policy.
If you become unwell after taking out the policy and before your trip, you’ll be covered by our cancellation policy.
The key benefits you can get
- Medical expenses covered up to £15,000,000.
- Cancellation and Curtailment covered up to £25,000.
- Personal Belongings covered up to £3,000.
- All conditions. All ages.
Frequently asked questions
You take blood thinning medication, will you be covered if you lose it?
Yes you will. All of our policies will cover you for loss of medication.
You have an EHIC card, do you need any extra cover?
Although the card does entitle you to reciprocal health treatment in EU countries, it will not cover for the costs of cancelling your holiday or returning home early. Also, while you are entitled to the same healthcare as local residents, the treatment may not be up to the standard provided in the UK. Of course if you’re travelling outside of the UK, specialist travel insurance becomes even more vital.
You have had several strokes, can you still get cover?
Yes, we have covered many travellers who have had multiple strokes and mini-strokes.
Get quotes in just 3 easy steps
1. Call us or click a quote button on our siteOnce you are ready to start the quote process, the first step is to provide your personal details and information about your holiday plans.
2. Complete our simple medical screening processYou then declare the medical conditions for you (and any other travellers) and answer the specifically designed medical questions.
3. Get your quotesYou will then get your quotes and can either proceed to buy, or save your quote, at this stage.
Making sure you are fit-to-travel
Before departing on your holiday, it is important that you get clearance from your doctor that you are fit-to-travel. Many airlines advise you not to fly in the 10 days following a TIA – or 3 weeks after a stroke. Nevertheless, your first point of contact to establish that you are fit-to-travel should always be your doctor. As long as your doctor has confirmed you are fit-to-travel, we can offer you a quote.
Useful tips for when you’re travelling after a TIA
- The air pressure inside of a plane is lower than we breathe on the ground level, which results in less oxygen being carried in your bloodstream. Your doctor will be aware of this fact, but be sure to let them know you will be flying – in case you need any oxygen to be provided during your flight.
- After having a TIA, you are at greater risk of developing a clot in the leg. Make sure you keep active on a flight to prevent clots. Including standing up every 30 minutes or taking a walk along the plane. In addition, it may be worth buying compression socks to wear during your flight.
- Consider booking seats with extra leg-room to make your journey as comfortable as possible. Or even arrange priority boarding. The aim is to make your trip stress-free – you deserve it!
The insurance offered was perfect for us following my husband’s stroke.The price was reasonable and I could be included as a travelling companion so I would be covered for cancellation due to my husband’s medical conditions,which my insurance company would not cover. Geoffrey – Trustpilot
Our 5 star Trustpilot rating
Read AllClear Trustpilot Reviews
† 3 months FREE and 20% discount offer applies to AllClear Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum annual policies only. Discount only applies to the base premium and does not apply to any premium generated to cover medical conditions. Offer expires on 14 July 2020 at 23:59.